Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my old 4R70W was slipping so I put one in that had 47,000 miles..

Now i havent connected one of o2 senors b/c i cant reach the damn thing but the car will do free revs were it acts like im in nuetral but it doesnt shift hard.. also the speedo says im going 150 when im going like 30 lol...

i think it just might need a flash and calibration

·
Registered
669 Posts
I see one of 2 things....what year is your car and what year is the tranny.......??

"ED"

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ahh...You might have a 4R75W tranny......the Speed sensor ring is different than the 4R70W......it reads like 4 times as fast.....basically a more accurate signal.......you will need to get the signal converted....don't think it is in the tune....you need an actualy converter......the sensor itself is fine....its the way the computer reads the signal......if I remember correctly...the ring on the rear drum has more teeth which creates a different signal.......check the numbers on the tranny and verify if this is true or not.......if it is....I think Bauman has a converter that will work....

"ED"

·
Registered
669 Posts
04 model year and late 03 is when the 4R75W came out......I put one in mine...and did the same thing.......I just ended up rebuilding the old tranny and used the valve body out of the 4R75W......later found out about the converter that could have been used..........hope this helps....my tuner could not tune the tranny in........in needed the converter.....

"ED"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a 75, it was built in oct 03 and has diff sensers then mine, so your saying i need to keep all the 75 sensors in the car? and we had to swap one sensor out so the electrical could connect, unless this "converter" acts as an adapter? if you could link me to this converter and explain about counting the teeth on the tranny.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Basically....I put in the 4R75W into my car to replace the 4R70W.....the car OSS sensor was sending a signal like 4X's faster to the computer because of the different size/shape ring on the rear drum of the transmission...not the tail piece but internal....where the sensor reads the teeth.......the car was very slow because of the way the computer read the ring.........I took my car to the tuner to see if he could change anything in the program to adjust for the sensor readings but with the 02 computer it could not be changed......I thought about switching out to an 04 computer but just decided to take both trannys parts and used a fresh rebuild kit to make 1 good tranny........I was unaware that there were transmission converters that could have fixed this for me.....and instead just took it all apart and rebuilt it...........I will see if I can find the converter for you......

"ED"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, justin at VMP Tuning can change that with the SCT X Cal 3, so im going this week to get that done, this way ill have the tuner for gears and what not later on!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sweet! I am glad he can hook you up! With I had the software to do it at the time.......hope it turns out well!

"ED"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts