Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just ordered a Bassani catted x-pipe at the advice of our very own HAMMER, our resident guru and pot stirrer. On his advice I ordered a Bassani because he likes the sound and quality of Bassani. Well, enough of the ass-kissing. Do you guys think I need a new tune with the catted x-pipe? Will it get richer or leaner? I may have to visit [email protected]'s again soon.......

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
You won't need a retune..The Bassani catted x is just a little better flowing then the stock catted h pipe..5 rwhp is about average once you already have the catback..

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim. I hope the car still sounds good when I am done.....so far that will conclude the mods exhaust-wise because I don't want to do LT's, as I would have to trash my x-pipe anyway. MAYBE the Bassani mid-lengths, but a big MAYBE on that. I am considering a 4lb lower, but I have been hearing some not-so-good things about crank failure or something like that when ya do the lower. Something about harmonic balance being thrown off? Then I am wondering about overspinning the Eaton. I got 2 spare rims and will be ordering some 275 or 315 BFG's very soon, so I can try to get a number out of this thing.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Keep you 293 pulley..Your car will just sound deeper with the catted X pipe and make about 5 more rwhp and tqe..
Get the 315's the Nitto 275's are smaller then your stock 275's...

Bring that BIOTCH to the track and i am sure after you see your MPH and compare other terminators.
Don't compare just dyno nummers posted on internet,,Not that guys lie, but all numbers were recorded at different dyno's under different conditions useing different correction factors..

You will be more happy with your car...When you see it run good against it's peers.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, Jim, thanks. I was planning on going to the track the second week of September when I have vacation from UPS. You all know we work late as hell. I know you all went to E-Town on Wednesday, and I was invited. The thing was that I got out of work at 7:30, and by the time I could have showered, and get my a$$ there, I would maybe have gotten 1 run in? Anyway, a few LS1 guys that I hang with may do a rental day soon, so I will get that BEOTCH there definately that day.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Again, Jim, thanks. I was planning on going to the track the second week of September when I have vacation from UPS. You all know we work late as hell. I know you all went to E-Town on Wednesday, and I was invited. The thing was that I got out of work at 7:30, and by the time I could have showered, and get my a$$ there, I would maybe have gotten 1 run in? Anyway, a few LS1 guys that I hang with may do a rental day soon, so I will get that BEOTCH there definately that day.
GOOD..If you guys invite me?? I'll come...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts