Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2001 Bullit :) yesterday and would like to know what kind of numbers I should expect from a bone stock bullit. 220-230rwhp??? I had a 2000 v6 with heads, cam, intakes, and a few of the other bolt ons, it made 215rwhp untuned. Anyway, what kind of numbers are you other bullit guys making?

·
Registered
692 Posts
CR Motorsports said:
With a stock Bullit you will probably see about 225-235 rwhp. Long tubes and gears will make a big difference.
Longtubes and gears will not make much of a difference number wise. They are a SOTP type of mod. Start with the basics. Timing Adjuster, O/R Exhaust, if you desire, gears, shifter, etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
IMO gears, if you go to 4.10's will make a nice difference. Your 1/4 mile times will reflect this once you get used to launching them. Headers...for an NA car like your would be a wast of money. The Bassani mid lengths though are a lot easier to install because they are individual tubes going to a collector. Free up the exhaust some with an O/R h pipe or x pipe...which one depends on who's school of thought you subscribe to. I would definitely look into an aftermarket shifter as it will help you insure your tranny's life a little. SFC's, control arms, and sticky tires would go great with those gears.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
Sweet pic! I love that movie......:D

I've heard that long tubes are a pain to install, is this true?
I couldn't resist Joe.:lol Thanks for being a good sport about it. The Noob hazing is over and you are now part of the club.

Razor.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts