Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is gonna be one heck of a first post...im usually on some local boards (www.tidewaterracing.com)and svtperformance...and thought ide give you guys a try... but here goes...i want to eventually put a blower of some sort on my 99...prolly either an ati or a kenne bell...seeing the output of the kenne bells on a few gt's...im completely amazed...anyway...i want to build the engine up first so i dont have to go through the hassle of blowing one. I was just wondering what the best way of tackling this is...I originally was gonna get the parts piece by piece...rods, then pistons, then crank....etc...then realized that when i took it to the shop i would have to be without the car for easily a week or so...because they would have to send it to the machine shop...get it balanced...etc...so i then looked at getting a dss short block with cobra crank and forged pistons and rods...but they are also 3k....problem with that is i could never really save up that much money and it would take me forever...im a starving college student:D ...so im wondering what you guys think the best course of action would be....if i could find a shop that would do a payment plan for me i would do the dss short block in a heartbeat....what do you guys think? any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
243 Posts
Putting the shortblock together piece by piece would take alot longer and you would be without a car and if you couldsave the money buy a shortblock already machined and ready to be installed would be easier and car down less time.
So if you cant save you would have to buy piece by piece

·
Registered
227 Posts
im sure i replied to your post on twr, (im black&blown01gt), but like i said on there, i called DSS about my shortblock on thursday, it was at the shop the following tuesday....if you have all the supporting equipt for the blower (injectors, fuel pump, chip etc), then it should only take a day or two, if everything goes smoothly...IF everything goes smoothly...just dont let it nickel and dime you like it did me

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
does anyone do a payment plan or anything?? thats what i really need i can put my car as colladeral...i really like how friendly they are at holeshot...sometimes at steen its like they dont care...im gonna get the block and then all the other stuff so i can support the blower as i go...like get the block put in...then get some injectors...then axles and stuff and finally the blower...prolly gonna get the new KB kit for the 2v's...seen some sick numbers outta them...hopefully by then its dropped in price...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts