Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NGK 7164
Are these Plugs any good?Anybody try them??

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was thinking of trying them out just to see how they would perform, having gone thru Denso IT 24's and NGK TR6's in that order. From what i understand the couple of differences between NGK Iridium plugs and Denso Iridium plugs r the Denso's Iridium tipped center electrode is 0.4mm, whereas the NGK Iridium's r 0.6mm. So from what i gather it means the narrower the center electrode, the lower the potential diff. that is required to jump the gap between the center and ground electrodes. The Denso plug will require an even lower spark jump than the NGK's. The Denso plug also uses a U grooved ground electrode which, is claimed to aid in the prod. of a flame core which further improves the combustion process. Take that for what u will. From an analytical standpoint the Denso's seem to hold the advantage, but..everything i've done with my car is trial and error. This'll be another trial for me.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for that reply.I am useing the Denso IT20's gapped @38 for close to 10k miles without any issues..I only make max 13lbs boost with 2.93 pulley..I have seen 13.5 on real cool days but even then boost drops off past 6000..My boost is less then others with 2.93 because i have Long Tubes.
I am hesitant to try another type plug.I really don't think i need a colder plug.
Personally if i ran more boost or Nos, then i would prefer to run copper plugs anyway..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts