Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Damn the track was prepped good last night. Month ago could only dream of 60's like these, but my shifting couldn't have been worse. Well, I'll just keep trying, Slips below.....Missed shift on the third run, with that 60', would have been the one...

Attachments

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I'm in the same boat with ya man...where are you shifting?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around 6300rpm. Except first, sometimes lucky to get to 6000rpm, normally around 5600rpm...

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
That's your problem...Broke7 shifts about 6600 in first, that's what I'm gonna try on Tuesday. Best is a 12.07, and that was with the IRS

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Umm, might be something worth trying. Thanks....

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
is your track at some serious elevation or what? Your trap speeds seem low

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stlblack03 said:
is your track at some serious elevation or what? Your trap speeds seem low
Elevation - whats elevation. I live in Hawaii. If anything, the weather can reek havoc on you at the track. Lat night was kinda humid and always in the upper 70's to low 80's at track time. Sometimes during the winter, we'll get down to 65, with little humidity. Thats what I'm waiting on!!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah I am gonna give Broke7's method a try as well next time, 6600 on the 1-2, 6200 on the 2-3 and 6 on the 3-4. My car just revs so quickly in first that its hard to watch the tach!!! My raptor should help I hope.

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
03Snake - I run times just like yours but with about 4-5 more MPH...that tells me I SUCK. Hopefully tomorrow night I can get my 11 :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck man. How's that solid axle running?

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
It's fine...I haven't made many passes on it yet. In Columbus on street tires it felt good. No Hop :)

I'm runnin on BFG 315 DR's tomorrow night...hopefully the weather is decent

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ordered a set myself. Been running 275 BFG DR's. These mofo's are sticky at the track, but surely suck on the Hiway, and living out here in HI, you never know when the rain will appear. I'll keep these 275's for track use until I wear them out, then I start in on the Nitto's.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
HEAT

Its the heat.

I was running 12.01 @ 116 when it was 55 degrees out in the spring. Now I struggled to get a 12.14 @ 114 in the 85 degree weather. I got my 60ft down to 1.80 to acheive that 12.1 in the heat and pulled the head light out to get more air flow. Seemed to gain me 1 mph cause I was only running 113 since it got hot out.

I cant wait until the fall when its in the 50s here in NJ/ I think I will easily run 11.9 now!

BEST ET in 55 degree weather=12.01 @ 116 with a 1.85 60 ft

BEST ET since its been in the 80s=12.14 @ 114 1.80 60ft!

I tried launching at 3500 and feathered the clutch to acheive that 60ft.. Until then I was just launching from idle and only running 12.3s in the heat

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
03snake - that sucks bro, almost!! your right there though , atleast you know you can do it.. when i ran the other night with blwn03 he ran a 12.01 @ 115 missing fourth, it dont get closer then that!!=)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts