Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this came by , owner was a little lost.,., he thought it was the baddest car in the world ., when he turned it off,, you could hear rattles and odd noises as he put it in park.,.,I thought he was having problems, he said no thats how it is in a race car. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I would smoke him like a honda ,. because of the noises, I asked if it was his transmission.,.,lol., he said that the trans was noisey because it had to handle 500 hp

on a side note, I never knew how big the car is., he said it was 4000 lbs with driver

so I took pics

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Seen them at the track running mid-11s bone stock. Nothing to sneeze at.

You just have to wonder how quickly they break with BPUs. The tranny's are made of glass apparently.

Skylines have always been big, have you ever seen an R33 or R34 in person? LOL.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen them at the track running mid-11s bone stock. Nothing to sneeze at.

You just have to wonder how quickly they break with BPUs. The tranny's are made of glass apparently.

Skylines have always been big, have you ever seen an R33 or R34 in person? LOL.
No.,., have never seen any yr in person.,., I thought they were a smaller car for sure. like a 240sx

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just saw one a few days ago. I think it's a great looking car, but I wouldn't buy one. Between the tranny issues, the going prices, etc, I'd rather have a C6 Z06 or GT500.

·
Registered
43 Posts
for the price of one of those, you could have a 1000hp gt500. or if you like em, sms limited's new challenger 570 with 700hp. either way, looks nice, but for the money, no thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have actually had the chance to drive two Single TURBO Skyline R33's, and I was not impressed at all.. the car is actually not fast, but then again it is a car that is 15 years of age and now in days a s2k could beat it. the name Skyline just has a big history behind it which makes them like wow! but a Stock terminator could take it easily.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
The GTR is NOT a race car. If it was a race car it wouldnt have a/c or a radio or any warranty. Even though ive read that if you take your gtr in for warranty work the PCU tells the dealership how youve been driving the car and if they dont like it they void your warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The GTR is NOT a race car. If it was a race car it wouldnt have a/c or a radio or any warranty. Even though ive read that if you take your gtr in for warranty work the PCU tells the dealership how youve been driving the car and if they dont like it they void your warranty.
you know I heard that the auto launch voids that warranty or something related to it?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
you lknow I heard that the auto aunch voids that warranty or something related to it?
Things that will void the warranty

"Turning off your VDC"

"Launch control"

"Racing"

"Modifications, including Reprograming or replacing/adding chips to any of the onboard computers"

"Failure to have required Performance Optimization Services Performed"

I cant help but think most of the people that drive the GTR are spoiled little rich bitches, who dont know how to handle anything but a civic.

·
Registered
615 Posts
One of arguably most well designed and amazingly engineered cars of the last ten years and you guys just start ragging on it. Jeese think a bit outside of the box. I can't beleive how many bad things you guys are saying about this car. I've seen one in real life and they are a really cool looking car. Oh and to the OP that car is a lot closer to a race car than your car is...

Now it does suck they have a weaker tranny.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
A car is only as good as its weakest component. Why put a high HP high RPM engine into a car with a weak transmission? Also Nissan advertises it as a fast car but to reach those claimed numbers you void the warranty! I wanted one till I found out all the issues people were having, and then how Nissan was turning there back on them. Maybe in a few years they will work out all the kinks but for now Nissan can keep there over priced "race car"

·
Registered
848 Posts
As a former Nissan employee I can verify that what FireFighterHill said is true about what voids your warranty.
But it should be said that the launch control is not something that is in the owner's manual and is not something that Nissan really wanted everyone to know about or use. Word spread through the internet. The transmissions are amazing pieces in my opinion. They shift as fast as an F1 car. Yes, they're noisey but that is the same trade off that we all make when we opt for a higher performance or race oriented part on a car. These transmissions are breaking for one reason, misuse and abuse. Just like Terminator owners doing 1st through 5th gear pulls and popping motors.
Having riden in one I can say that the HP is more than likely under-rated. They move the f out. My last car had close to 500 hp at the crank and weighed less than the GTR. The GTR would have beaten my car hands down even when I hooked in first with the MT et streets.
After having said all that... I don't think Nissan could have made an uglier car, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
it'llgo, is it possible to make the claimed speeds and times without using launch control, or voiding the warranty? If not, they shouldn't be making those advertising claims. It would be like Whipple selling a s/c they claimed makes an extra 200hp but to make that you have to change the pulley and void the warranty.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't know the answer to that question.

·
Registered
790 Posts
how is this car close to a race car, it has a interior, ac, no cage, street tires, radio, windows made of glass, no netting, no 5pt harness need I go on. I
ts a very fast street car ive seen 2 in person one made by someone and one was stock and they were the some of the fastest cars in the group taking even some prepped vettes, but with that being said one of the owners seems kinda stuck up but that may just be my opinion.
The interior for a almost 100k car is pretty bad just like it is in a corvette. I can accept it in a corvette because im expecting that but not something that is coming from japan, id expect something a little more on the lines of something vw would put out not crysler.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I did own one of the 09 GTR's... for 2 months. firefighter, I'm not rich or a spoiled brat and I can drive any car. lol even you said you want one in your second post??? that said. I traded mine for another gt500 KR. Heres some insight from an previous owner. The car is bad ass. period! It flat out flies, it handles better than any vette or mustang ever built. 200 isnt slow and yes it is a road race car with a pretty decent interior, the gauge setup is the best, I've seen nothing that compares for ease of use and the car datalogs itself. the car was never desinged to rip the quarter mile. Its was designed to handle and accelerate out of and into corners. I had mine top speed 6th gear at close to 200 on alligator alley. the vdc control is bullshit I agree and this is why I traded it for the KR. I didnt want the bullshit that came along with the car so I dumped it 2 days after I started reading headlines about the trans. I had already launched mine well over 30-40 times both on the street and the track, so I thought I would get out while the getting was good. lol. I will buy another one as soon as nissan stops with the games and gets rid of the glass trans cuz I do like the 1/4 mile also. If you get a chance take a ride in one or drive one or buy one when they work out the shit then come tell us what you think, I assure you, you'll love it! all in good taste my friend just my 2 cents first hand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts