Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sweet. What size shot do you plan on?

Off topic. Why did you go w/ an 01 manifold instead of your 96? What fuel rails are you using? I got raped for a set of SHMs (didn't know much at the time and needed my car back...)

Darren

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on going with a 25-50hp shot, no more. I am using a 99 intake manifold because that is a 99 model engine. The intake is highly modyfied to say the least. The fuel rails are UPR for 96-98 and like I said in another post, they work you just have to move the brackets!

Chad

·
Registered
302 Posts
Since Nitrous on a Cobra was mentioned, I thought I would bump this back to the top. This is a great looking set-up, BTW.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well, since it got bumped....

Have you considered inter/after cooling the Vortech? Wouldn't that get you some pretty good hp. Or is that basically what the 50 shot of n2o is doing?

Darren

·
Registered
302 Posts
Most of the people w/out coolers are using the small shot of N2O for a cooler. It seems to be quite effective and doesn't have to be used all the time, or filled with bags of ice..lol

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i put the Nitrous on just for the intercooling effect but I have yet to try it since I have had problems with the ignition. Since installing the Boost-a-Spark it seems the ingnition problem is gone now though and more power is in the near future. I am going from the 3.33 pulley to a 2.95 Reichard no-slip and will be redynoing this weekend. If it makes over 600 I will probably refrain from trying the nitrous but if it doesn't the bottle will be turned on. FWIW it has a NOS 29 jet in it which is around 35HP from the best I can tell. Thanks for the compliments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts