Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on nitrous to be my next mod. I only want like a 50-75 shot on my car. I've always used wet kits in the past and thats what I was planning to do with my 03. I dont want to run a dry set-up because I dont want a flip chip or bigger injectors, etc.
My car runs strong now so if I install a SMALL wet kit will everything be OK. I've done alot of research on this site concerning nitrous wet vs. dry and I know Nitrous Pete prefers the dry set-up. I read alot about the returnless fuel system being the problem with wet kits? Why is this?

If anyone can tell me that wet is not the way to go for whatever reason - and that I can install a dry kit with minimum hassels then I'll consider going dry. I just dont want to have to change a bunch of things to make it work.

I'm just looking for more info and advice. I've never used a dry system. Does any company make a specific kit for the 03 Cobra?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Do a search in this forum...I have numerous,and others, info on nitrous.

Use the dry shot....and if only going with a 50 shot...you will not need another custom chip(flip chip) if your fuel ratio is in the 11 range. The computer and sensors will take care of the fuel for you automatically. Run it before the Mass Air Sensor(small shot will not freeze it)...thats your one sensor that will richen things up and then there is another sensor under the blower that will also make sure all is richened up when you hit the juice.

Remember....Dry shot for the 03 Cobra's is the way to go. The 03 Cobra is a whole new breed with nitrous. Not the same as a non supercharged car. Only a small 30 shot will net you almost 60 horsepower at the rear wheels. This Eaton and Engine combo love the small dry shot.

Do the search..tons of info.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Be glad to help , there are many things to discuss best to call .
I do them through the chip , And will be glad to tell you also
nitro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts