Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
3rd gear?:confused:

my car goes 120 in 4th, that chart shows 90 mph.

if you dyno in 3rd wont it screw up stuff due to the gear ratios??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Woh , Its a 4 gear run , I let off due to a/f verry hi and wheel spin
smoked the tires, I dont tune in3rd aloways 4th or auto 3rd ,1-1
More tuning soon :);)

G

·
88 mph in 4th gear is like 4800 rpm, your saying that it was 723 rwhp at 4800 rpm? it shows the mph at the bottom of the chart

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
matt lankford said:
88 mph in 4th gear is like 4800 rpm, your saying that it was 723 rwhp at 4800 rpm? it shows the mph at the bottom of the chart
Noway. If he is dynoing 723 rwhp at 4800 on nos and his motor is holding I see good things in the future.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Are you useing 373 gears to calculate MPH?

jim v.

G

·
i was using the mph chart on the bottom of the dyno chart which shouldnt matter what gear you have. if pete is only getting 88 mph from 4th gear its a good thing he has a six speed, cause hes into 5th before hes past the 1/8th mile mark

G

·
On the questions about the mph and horse in the Dyno graph ... I just tried calling Pete to ask him(not home yet).....I am sure it's because the tires were spinning...the horse showed up big time and most likely was more...but if the tires start spinning too much...I would think you wouldnt get an accurate mile per hour. Since the dyno wheel isnt moving as fast as the wheels at that point. So the RWH was probably even more than the 736 with the juice shot. .

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
matt lankford said:
i was using the mph chart on the bottom of the dyno chart which shouldnt matter what gear you have. if pete is only getting 88 mph from 4th gear its a good thing he has a six speed, cause hes into 5th before hes past the 1/8th mile mark
Yes, it woud change the rpm he was at. If he has 3.73 instead of the stock 3.55 the his rpm at 88 would change from ~4800 to ~5043.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey everyone, What is so hard ! IF I let off on the run and stop the dyno pull ,that is what you will see , IF it is in mph NOT RPM !
I STOPPED RUNNING AT THAT RPM SIMPLE .<
Another words if I would have steyed in ti, it may have gone to 800hp as you can see in the graph. I had to let off at that point because of a/f , As a/f was 15.0 I had to lift. and the mph is what you saw.
Nitrous pete

·
Registered
510 Posts
Either way, those are some bad bitch #'s especially with the car spinning on the rollers :jawdrop Now is this a dry or wet system? If it is a dry system, just imagine how hard a wet kit would hit. :eek: Maybe 875 rwhp 850 rwtq :confused: :jawdrop

·
Registered
661 Posts
IT is a dry sys. I use it because my a/f is so low 10.0
with 60hp its good 12.0 with 80hp it went to 15.0 @ 4000prm
had to stop run :confused: IT was hard to do beleave me
I will dyno again with 100hp after I adj. the a/f POss 800hp tq ?
Peace all I'm going to sleep :eek:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Pete, lets get nasty and slap a wet kit on there :D we wanna see at least 1000 bhp 1000 tq! C'mon ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sorry guys 1 more thing, I'd rather not float my boat. BUT
I have been using dynos for 22yrs, I will not bull shet you.
Tell all whats in the car you know , After doing dynos for so long you pick up alot of simple tricks, Combination is the secret
Peace to all and to all a good nite :cool:
Hay if you dont beleave just be at Atco on the 30th .

·
Registered
661 Posts
svtvenom I did that :cool: Holly sheeetrt NO one will believe that #, IT was awsome,
OH To all who support me and believe me you to will run as good or better if you want, I WILL LOVE TO HELP. thats my job

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Pete is the NOS kit just the simple 5115 dry kit that is so tried and true??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts