well here is how I did it , avaliable from billet flow,
have fun with this :)
there is about .025-.030th between the belts
good job Doug !

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
very nice! any idea on price range yet? What brand of belt do you run pete? And do you marinate it in VHT! I can see it now! pete has two tubs in his shop! One tub is for belt marination and one tub is for steak marination! BBQ and dynoing:p
Leon

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea , I do use a paint brush w/vht . also see the black stuff sprayed all over, I use the same belt. I think poss. price in the 200 dollar range , But i cant say, I dont know ? I think it will come with a pulley?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Pete, no matter what the RPM, this belt never rubs itself? Damn that looks close......:jawdrop

G

·
Pete's crazy!!!....I like that :)

03snake said:
Pete, no matter what the RPM, this belt never rubs itself? Damn that looks close......:jawdrop
That is the new prototype for " The BilletFlow Pulley Mount Bracket".

Pete is a nut, a wild man, crazy in a good way!:shocked

He went with a 100mm idler on the left, which gets a tiny bit more wrap but makes the belt to belt clearance pretty close.

Most people (and our recommendation) is to leave your stock idlers in place and add our pulley mount and idler.

The BilletFlow Pulley Mount Bracket will come with the bracket, pulley and all screws needed, all you will need is a new belt of the correct length.

Pete will be checking proper belt lengths needed for various pulley sizes as soon as he gets a chance….please be patient.

Availability: I just ordered stock today and it will be about 2 weeks before the kits are available from our distributors although you can always place your order ahead of time to get on the top of the list!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Any drilling of the OEM parts?

·
Registered
516 Posts
With the addition or relocation of the pulleys it makes me wonder:confused: if there is excessive stress put on the blower pulley shaft bearing.

Does anyone have any info. or know if there is a point where we need to get concerned with the amount of tension being put on the blower pulley?

Some after market roots type blowers include a brace for the front of the blower snout are. In a hunt for more belt tension and the elimination of slippage are we possibly creating a potential failure in the blower snout area from to much stress?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I'd doubt it hurts the bearings due to added stress. You aren't running the belt any tighter, just changing how much belt contacts the pulley.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you think about how the SC shaft is stressed, you can see that the additional idler pulley will help to "even out" the downward pull, of the stock arrangement, into a more radial pressure that will be exerted on the shaft. Since the idler bracket is solidly bolted to the front cover & is located closer to the SC pulley itself, the idler pulley will absorb a portion of the tension pull & provide increased frictional surface area for belt contact. I'd call that a win win situation.
Remember that "static pressure", is when the engine is off & the only pressure exerted against the pulley is from the belt tensioner assembly. HOWEVER, when the engine is cranking 6000+ rpm, the force required to spin the SC rotors is considerably more. The more the boost is raised, the harder it is to spin the rotors.

Just curious, does anybody know how much HP the Eaton sucks up at 6400 rpm in order to produce 15 psi?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that makes good since, You are right on the money, and the blower at 6400 making 18lbs is truly using 80-120hp , And getting super hot . Jim at Kenny Bell knows that info. 20-22lbs are over spinning the unit, He told me the hp loss due to inifinancy? I forgot what he said, its up there.
I just want to see what happens at the track, my cooler tank will help alot. I may go faster at 18lbs, If this is so I will back it down
I have interchangable pulleys, I may use a 2.93 or 3.10 I will see.
On the dyno I made more power with the 2.80 and the tensioner pulley set up , as u all know , but at the track , this is where I can tell. I will post all. on thursday night.
glad to see some intelligence here . :shocked

G

·
larryc7777 said:
Guys, meet the man that came up with this great idea, Larry.

I contacted Larry the second I saw what he had come up with to eliminate belt slippage.

Larry told me he could think of no one better to take his idea and run with it and that he would be delighted to have BilletFlow produce his idea and make the kit for everyone to use.

need pricing?

look in the vendor area of the Message Forums

·
Registered
516 Posts
larryc7777 said:
If you think about how the SC shaft is stressed, you can see that the additional idler pulley will help to "even out" the downward pull, of the stock arrangement, into a more radial pressure that will be exerted on the shaft. Since the idler bracket is solidly bolted to the front cover & is located closer to the SC pulley itself, the idler pulley will absorb a portion of the tension pull & provide increased frictional surface area for belt contact. I'd call that a win win situation.
Remember that "static pressure", is when the engine is off & the only pressure exerted against the pulley is from the belt tensioner assembly. HOWEVER, when the engine is cranking 6000+ rpm, the force required to spin the SC rotors is considerably more. The more the boost is raised, the harder it is to spin the rotors.

Just curious, does anybody know how much HP the Eaton sucks up at 6400 rpm in order to produce 15 psi?
I'm not sure on the more even distibution creating more radial pressure. I just can't work that one out in my little brain.

I am trying to convince myself that the pressure is not increased on the blower pulley because the tensioner pressure is not changed. However the extra idler pulley(s) and belt wrap is making me think different.

Does the extra idler pulley(s) cause any concerable stress on the blower snout.

I think what i'm trying to find out.......can anyone with the proper knowledge tell me that the additional belt wrap won't cause any additional stress because the factory tensioner has not been altered. Therefore it won't create any undesireable stress.....right....?? That's what I think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Metco has there setup similar but will be adjustable for different pullies will be able to get closer to s/c pulley more belt surface.

G

·
just 3 post and your stepping on toes hrmmmm....correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't you start a new thread? (just wondering)

The BilletFlow Pulley Mount Bracket does not need any adjustment at all.

Just 1 nice billet piece (less parts , less chance of thing going wrong)

No adjustment needed ,,,, just bolt it on, install the belt, and no more belt slippage , its that simple! (install time about 15mins)

Will work with any upper pulley, from stock to 2.7

Hope this helps

Doug
BilletFlow

1 - 20 of 26 Posts