Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in a week or two I will have the new engine back in the car.

Boss block cast iron 5.0L
Diamond pistons
Billet rods
Custom turbo cams
9.2:1 CR.

It will be a few months until I can order the turbo kit, and would like to have fun with the car, since I have a built trans and clutch in there as well.

Would it be fine to spray it with a 200-300 shot of n2o ? I would have it tuned by kurgan of course, but if you were to go this route what kit would you use, and wet/dry? I'd want it to be the safest way possible and maybe like to see over 600hp? I'd be running 93 octane. How much n2o you think the block could handle and not shorten its life very much? I'd probably spray it one night a week. Ive never been a fan of nitrous, ive actually hated the idea of having it. But considering I will have a KILLER block in there, and it will take me probably another year until I could turbo it, i'd like to have fun, and it would be no problem dumping 2K into a good n2o system and using that for a year or two... opinions?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Nitrous is safe as long as its used and TUNED correctly. You would have to run cooler plugs and its possible to get a studder at lower RPMs because of the plugs. Back your timing down and run good gas (depending on the shot).

·
Registered
889 Posts
Save Your 2k, And Just Buy A Whipple 2.3l. In The Long Run It Costs Less. With A Full Bottle, What 2 Passes Max At That Power Level. Then $ To Refill All The Time. At 16 Psi You Would Be Around 580-600 Rwhp Alllllllllll The Time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts