Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got vids and pics with nitto 555r drag radials on there cars are they any good should i get them

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
If you want stick at the track, go for BFG. If you want more mileage on the street, go Nitto.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
11.444 W/a 1.67 60' i guess my nitto's are finally werkin...I agree with these guys in there opinions. my .02 jay

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've always said,

You can hook better in a car wash with the BFG's, than you can with Nitto's on dry pavement.

That being said, the BFG's do wear out much quicker.

·
Registered
262 Posts
lguerra1 said:
I've always said,

You can hook better in a car wash with the BFG's, than you can with Nitto's on dry pavement.

That being said, the BFG's do wear out much quicker.
How much quicker are we talking? I only drive it about 800 miles a month, maybe 1000 at most.

Can I get an honest 5-6 months out of them? If so, Im sold. 300 bux every 5-6 months aint bad.:cool:

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
I like the Nittos, not because they are THE best biting tire, because they are not, but because my car IS a street car and they seem to be safer to drive around and I don't have to switch out tires to go to the track. Mine are getting broken in now, after about 1500 miles on them, and work well with MY combo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Fair street tire. Breaks free in the corners too easily. Great starting and straight line traction. Terrible at high speeds on highways and on surface streets. Excessive sidewall flex turns freeway lane changes into exercises in rear-end recoveries. I only came to appreciate the F1s as an all-around performer after spirited experiences with the NT-555Rs. A set of four Goodyears are on order as the Nittos will be relegated to the garage for eventual strip use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts