Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with wheels hop on my Nitto Drag Radials.

I was recently told that the BFG's would do alot to fix the problem......does anyone have any experience with this?

The only way I could figure this would make a different is if the side wall is much softer on the the BFG's.

Has anyone heard anything else about the availability of the 17" ET streets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
684 Posts
what tire pressure do you have in the nittos? i will get hop occasionally when i have 25 psi in both, but when run 22 or less at the track i get no hop (nor on the street either). but that is also when they are heated though. but usually after about 10 minutes of normal driving on the street they are fine, although i don't burn these tires up on the streets like i did my F1s.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started at 25 psi, I have dropped them each time i have been to the track, the last time I went to the track I ran them at 16psi.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I had the BFG 275 drag radials on I had bad wheel hop on the 1 - 2 shift when powershifting. I now have the BFG 315 drag radials and they are pure traction, no hop :D I consistently get 1.65's without feeling like I am abusing the driveline. I have no doubt with good track prep you could get 1.5 60's with them all day long IF you want to launch that hard.

BTW - I run 18psi in them at the track.

·
Registered
42 Posts
are you guys doing any burnout in the box or just cleaning them off with a blip of the throttle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Injector Dude said:
I am having problems with wheels hop on my Nitto Drag Radials.

Has anyone heard anything else about the availability of the 17" ET streets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have had Et's paid for since feb 4th... they were supposed to ship april 1st, but didnt get DOT approval yet... shipping has been pushed back till June 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts