Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am just looking for some imput for the tuners in my area. LaRocca's performance is in nearby Old Bridge,NJ and JDM Engineering is in Freehold, NJ. Both are about 20 minutes or less from my house. I know JDM has a good reputation for his in house dyno tuning and chip abilities. I also know that LaRocca's has been in the supercharged game for quite some time now and they know their stuff too. If anyone has any comments on these shops please let me know. And I know about JD's Performance too, but they are a long haul from where I am. Thanks again.

·
Banned
572 Posts
The best tuner is in Phila. PA just off the PA TPK

JD'S pushing some 03's well over 600 HP

for the best mod/tuner Nitro Pete
(PJ's PERFORMANCE Vineland NJ)

pushing his own ride 9.99 sec.1/4 and others in the 10's

they both have banners on this site and are verry well known (the best!)

sean

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I think JD's is too far to go for me, especially when I have 2 equally reputable guys so close to me. I really don't want to drive almost 2 hours to Tuckerton, when I have these guys right in my backyard. Anyone else?

G

·
Since you are only 20 min. either way. I would go with JDM. The whole crew there is awesome and Jim D'Amore really has his 03 running great too! He loves his Lightnings he works on for everyone..but I think the 03 Cobra is starting to get into Jim's veins now also.

If you were willing to drive abit..then PJ's would be my call for you.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)
Tuned by Nitrous Pete of PJ's Performance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Harry! My buddy lives in Tom's River and he is into the "scene" down there. Red '98 Formula 11.7x or something like that. I will be down there alot this summer too, so maybe I can meet up with you "big guns" and learn a thing or two!!! I thought LaRocca's was well respected???? I know they tuned Jim V.s other car....what gives?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had a very, very bad "in house" experience with JDM... come to think about it the rest have been the same..

G

·
I will have to look for that F body. I use to own a 98 Ram Air Trans Am.

LaRocca's is awesome! I just dont think they are the one to go to for 03 Cobra tuning and knowing what is best for what a customer is looking for in their 03 Cobra.
They are one of the best for building, setting up and tuning race cars, thats for sure! Jimmy V. is friends with both teams.
Hopfully he can help out.

Keep in mind...this is my opinion from my experiences and taking in to effect how close the shop is to you
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the insight Harry. Ok now what about chips? i know that LaRocca uses Autologic and JDM uses Superchips. I know JDM has that Cobra vert hauling some serious can. All this favorable praise for JDM has me even more confused. I was thinking LaRocca's all the way. And what was the bad experience you had there Undy? Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've met LaRocca a few times and he is a hell of a nice guy to deal with! with out question i would use him for tunning. You can't go wrong with him! :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know a few people that have had not so good experiences at both of those shops. Your decision should be based on going to visit these places and seeing who treats you the best and who you feel like trusting your car to. They obviously both have the ability to do what you want. A shop is always great to someone until something gets screwed up. The question is who gives the best customer service when they make a mistake because ALL shops do. $hit happens.

·
Registered
105 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Thanks again for the insight Harry. Ok now what about chips? i know that LaRocca uses Autologic and JDM uses Superchips. I know JDM has that Cobra vert hauling some serious can. All this favorable praise for JDM has me even more confused. I was thinking LaRocca's all the way. And what was the bad experience you had there Undy? Can you elaborate?
Send me a PM.. I don't want to start a vendor flame war. That senario has played way out too many times before..

G

·
undy said:
Send me a PM.. I don't want to start a vendor flame war. That senario has played way out too many times before..
Aint that the truth.

SolidSnake...Whichever vendor suites your needs is the one to go with. They are all human and so are we...if something doesnt go right...give them a chance to help or fix it...if it happens again....one more chance I say...after that....off to another vendor. Also...as you get into this modding more...you might learn more about another vendor/tuner and want to try some parts/info or tunes from them to compare. Its America...we are allowed to do that. Enjoy!!!

Undy....sorry to hear things didnt go well.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
b1nyc said:
I know a few people that have had not so good experiences at both of those shops. Your decision should be based on going to visit these places and seeing who treats you the best and who you feel like trusting your car to. They obviously both have the ability to do what you want. A shop is always great to someone until something gets screwed up. The question is who gives the best customer service when they make a mistake because ALL shops do. $hit happens.
Amen Brian,,,shit happens,,You get more power and more S#!T happens..:lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
What no love for Crazy horse

Chris is a nice guy seems to know alot about the cars and the like.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts