Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The under-body pinch weld that is used to hold the side skirts is a little bent up, well, really bent up. The car was jacked up using those to place the jack on so now they are bent over. This is now effecting my side skirts. One of the retainer pins will not even hold the skirt any longer so now it's shifting slightly.
I was watching truck TV and Stacy used a vice grip type tool that had long flat metal pieces on each side of the mouth. It looked like a good tool to work with but I don't think it's strong enough for that thickness metal.

Any thoughts?

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
You could always use a set of vise grips to do the job. Cut up an innertube from a tire and place it around the gripping surface so you don't damage your rail any further while bending it back out.

P.S. I looked at your site and I fell in love with the picture below. How did you do that?

Razor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D Super simple...

Photoshop

I was going to school for a graphics art major (multimedia) but later changed my mind. Luckily I took two semesters of Photoshop and learned a ton of cool stuff. I use it almost everyday. My current job has utilized my PS skills on several occasions.
In fact, I'm worked on the poster for the SVTOA chapter here in Memphis.

If you don't have Photoshop I can do the same thing with a pic of your car.

Use a tripod and take two pictures with the hood open and two with it closed (the more exact each are of each other, the better). The higher the angle you have on the car the better. I have high speed on-line so picture size is not an issue. I would consider it an honor to work on a pic of your car.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Wow that's awesome man! I do have photoshop and use it allot but I am a novice at it. I would be greatful if you could do that for my ride! I will get some pics at the angle yours is and send them to you. Hopefully I can do it this week. Thanks!!!:D

Razor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sweat.

Like I said, it would be an honor.

Just shoot them this way when you snap them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts