Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here it is and I am in love, let the Mods begin, I cant believe I will have two of these at my shop, I have one, the other is Navy Chaplain Keith Schuley. I had two Black ones Monday, I did the Reinhart stage 1 upgrades 4:10's Denso plugs RPC chip and Underdive pulleys. This is what I have planed for these cars and the Marauder club.

First of all one goes to the dyno tomorrow for a base line, then I am testing a new ignition system for a company in California, I will re'dyno the car a check the gains.

Then I do stage 1 RPC chip Denso plugs 180 stat, 4:10's and underdive pulleys. I will then re'dyno the car.

Stage 2 PI 300 stall converter my custom shorties headers, high flow cats with X pipe and re'dyno the car.

Stage 3 Vortech 8 PSI with water after cooler, now let me talk to you about why Vortech, first of all there are to basic types of superchargers the centrifugal and the roots, the advantage of the roots is it spools up very quick, the disadvantages is heat but they do have cooler like on the 03 Cobra, but the problem is the Marauder has 10 to 1 Hypertectic pistons, and with the fast spool up you are limited to boost and I don't feel it is going to be durable, in the long run.

So I am going with the Vortech, yes it spools up slower, but with the 4:10's the car is accelerating much better from 0 to 3000 RPM this is right where the Vortech comes a hunching, and with a water after cooler I feel 8 PSI is safe and durable, this kit will have a CARB # and will be legal in all USA States. I feel we can safely be in the 425 plus range. I have contacted ADDCO they will be making sway bars for me for the Marauder as well as KVR brakes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These cars are supposed to be replacing the Crown Vic's for police use here in the near future. Looks like the '03 Cobra came just in time to keep up with the coppers ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts