Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
well..to make sure its not the belt or blower or idler pullies making noise on the front belt system. Take the front blower belt off and start the car. Then listen if that sound is still there.

Hot Rod(Pete gave me that tip)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (100% stock except for all my mods) :p

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure it's the Gatorback belt. I sprayed some CRC 5-56 on the grooved side and the noise temporarily stopped. I'll try your tip tonight because I am also going to try the stock belt. It should fit for a test.

The gatorback belt works fine, it's just noisy.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I changed to Gatorback Belt,,,No difference in sound..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I started the cobra without the belt, no noise. I put back the stock belt, no noise. Noise problem resolved, time to return the Gatorback belt.

BTW, did you know that the stock Motorcraft belt is the exact same size as the Goodyear Gatorback part number 4080750. I didn't until tonight.

Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
ALA G8R said:
I added a Gatorback belt with my DUB last weekend. The belt is alot noisier that stock. Is that common? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Hey Ed, how's it goin...I put a Gatorback on a couple of weeks ago and it whistles(I like it). BTW I now reside in Mobile(got pullied/tuned by James shortly after the move):beerchug: Take care man...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
My Gatorback made a really cool whirring sound.

·
Registered
918 Posts
gatorback smatorback....I wish I knew the right size for my whipple with a 2.75 upper and stock lower......bling! New thread coming.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RB88 said:
Hey Ed, how's it goin...I put a Gatorback on a couple of weeks ago and it whistles(I like it). BTW I now reside in Mobile(got pullied/tuned by James shortly after the move):beerchug: Take care man...
Well it's about friggin time you pullied that beast. :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
YA the Gatorbelt is noiser the stock. There was a video clip of the gaterback belt and the noise it makes. Alot of people are buying it so that the SC will make more noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts