Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What wet or dry nos kit should i order..??
Not trying to be faster then Pete;) Just Faster then Harry:eek:


jim v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Hey Jim , I think the dry sys works the best , Only beceuse the fuel sys, Non return, I like Compucar Thats all I sell.
I'll hook you up if you beat harry, another words I want you to beat harry :)
or make more Hp than him.
nitro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Hey Jim,

In about a month I'll be running Zone-5's new dual-stage nitrous controller in a dry setup. It has the following features:

-dual-stage nitrous solenoid control
-built-in WOT switch
-built-in window switch
-built-in FPSS
-built-in HEGO monitor (shuts off nitrous if air/fuel crosses stoich)

...as well as:

-remote bottle opener control
-heater control w/bottle pressure feedback
-purge solenoid control

The theory is all you have to do is flip one switch and you are ready to go. The computer opens the bottle, fires up the heater, and when the permissives are met (within window, at WOT, fuel pressure above min, air/fuel richer than stoich, and bottle pressure above minimum) you GO!

MJ
 
G

·
No...pete hook him up with a wet system, :) We all know how well that worked on your car last summer :)

Seriously Uncle Jimmy V. You will never beat me ;-p Cause if that happened..there would be one "Tuner" missing somewhere in the Pinelands then ;-p

Hot Rod(come on Pete..what you talkin bout)Harry :)

or

Hot Rod(Amazon Racing is my main tuner now)Harry ;-p
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark,, That sounds like awesome setup.
Pete, It will all come down to who uses the bigger shot..

I am changing to 50lb Inj. Keeping boost at 13 but i'll run a bigger shot then you :D

Pete will help me set it up i am sure...I am a bigger tipper :D



jim v.:shootbird
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Mark,, That sounds like awesome setup.
Pete, It will all come down to who uses the bigger shot..

I am changing to 50lb Inj. Keeping boost at 13 but i'll run a bigger shot then you :D

Pete will help me set it up i am sure...I am a bigger tipper :D

jim v.:shootbird
Jim,

I'm using 50lb/hr injectors now and I have the MAFterburner reducing the MAF flow rate all of the time by 22% to make 'em look like the 39s. This task will be taken over by the nitrous controller when I get it finished. The idea is this:

When the kit is not armed the MAF signal is cut by 22% to make the 50's look like 39's. When the kit is armed and the conditions are met for the stage1 solenoid to activate, the MAF signal is decreased by some amount less than the 22% (determined by nitrous jetting) to achieve proper air/fuel. This will be set in the first nitrous air/fuel table which has 40rpm x 1% a/f resolution. Then, when the second stage conditions are met, nitrous table 2 is used which will allow the MAF flow cut to be further reduced.

At the limit, with the 50lb/hr injectors, there will be 22% of 400lb/hr or 88lb/hr of fuel available to perform the enrichment for both nitrous solenoids. This amount of fuel can support atleast an additional 150bhp. That's what I'll be spraying...a 50shot all the time and a 100hp shot after I tap the manual trigger pushbutton on my shift knob (in my car this will be third gear at the strip).

MJ
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark,, How bout the Fuel Pump (PUMPS) with 100shot?? You think we got enough pump??


jim v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Mark,, How bout the Fuel Pump (PUMPS) with 100shot?? You think we got enough pump??

jim v.
We flow-tested the '03 Cobra pump and it can support approximately 700bhp. So, we're good to go up to a 150hp shot combined.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
The prob with ther sys is the a/f is not accurate, with the zone 5
For a good a/f moneter it cost 1500.00 atlest, that system will
turn off when it shouldent, etc. Just from what I have seen , maby someone figured it out ? or has a better a/f , or they dont use the a/f finction, ? Compucar :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
nitrous pete said:
The prob with ther sys is the a/f is not accurate, with the zone 5
For a good a/f moneter it cost 1500.00 atlest, that system will
turn off when it shouldent, etc. Just from what I have seen , maby someone figured it out ? or has a better a/f , or they dont use the a/f finction, ? Compucar :)
We really don't care precisely what the air/fuel is, just whether we are on either side of stoichiometric and that is EXACTLY what the OEM narrow-band HEGO sensors are good for. The Zone-5 controller will kill the juice if the HEGOS show that we've crossed over the 450mV stoichiometric point. Once the juice is interrupted, it will not come back on until the system is rearmed.

Pete, this system works, we've already tested it.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
OK I believe you , I just dont uses it , They did not work for me!
I have better luck with Compucar , Nos , and set up all functions through the DFI sys, Or the chip I use , I have used 60-80-100
hp dry No prob. 150 wet, I hink u said. have fun I had many Issues with it. Non Return ! Let me know when U dyno, I know the #s will be hi . I did it 740 TQ , No dought ! But try to go down the track, U should have seen Jim W/the wet sys.
I too agree it works, No the dyno, But not at the track, :shocked
Maby with a return fuel sys. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
nitrous pete said:
OK I believe you , I just dont uses it , They did not work for me!
I have better luck with Compucar , Nos , and set up all functions through the DFI sys, Or the chip I use , I have used 60-80-100
hp dry No prob. 150 wet, I hink u said. have fun I had many Issues with it. Non Return ! Let me know when U dyno, I know the #s will be hi . I did it 740 TQ , No dought ! But try to go down the track, U should have seen Jim W/the wet sys.
I too agree it works, No the dyno, But not at the track, :shocked
Maby with a return fuel sys. ;)
Well, we're going to run a 50shot (or maybe even a 35hp) off the line to cool the intake charge and *switch* to a 100shot once I get traction (IOW, the stage1 solenoid will turn off and the stage2 will turn on so the total *on our car* will never exceed 100hp). This is all going to be dry. I was a little unclear in my post about the total that we're going to spray. However, I did say that the '03 Cobra pump was good for 150hp with 50lb/hr injectors assuming one is making 550bhp off the juice. Sorry for that confusion.

We will definitely be using the returnless system, no need to ditch something that works well.

I don't understand what you're saying about working on the dyno but not at the track. If you mean getting traction then I understand. If you are talking about the nitrous system malfunctioning well that's another story.

You can't compare someone elses system to our system, it's apples-to-oranges.

Well, we're going to let this product's performance speak for itself. You'll be sure to hear about it when it goes into action!
:eek:

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
No , its all good, I thought u said it was wet. Sorry
A dry sys . will work fine. I may have read it wrong.
I had No luck with wet systems, they all had good hp at the dyno
but on the track , I went slower. fuel issue .
Good luck,. I know you will run good. have fun shifting with all that power. it feels like a 8 sec. ride. Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
nitrous pete said:
No , its all good, I thought u said it was wet. Sorry
A dry sys . will work fine. I may have read it wrong.
I had No luck with wet systems, they all had good hp at the dyno
but on the track , I went slower. fuel issue .
Good luck,. I know you will run good. have fun shifting with all that power. it feels like a 8 sec. ride. Peace
Thanks Pete. You are totally right. I have a number of hardcore drag racer customers running wet kits on their returnless cars and they are all having fuel pressure issues with 100hp wet shot or higher. As a result, they can't get the air/fuel dialed in with any precision (after all, in order for the PCM to know how much the injectors flow, the fuel pressure has to be known and constant)This is what prompted me to design this system.

They all say: "I'm willing to go dry if you can make the dry kit "hit" as hard as a wet kit." This is the challenge here. We need to make the fuel hit the cylinder the same time the nitrous does. It's going to take a lot of testing to perfect this. I'll keep y'all posted.

BTW, we are targeting a price of approximately $400-500 for this controller. IMO, well worth it to have one of the *safest* nitrous systems that can be run on the returnless fuel system.

Best,

MJ
 
G

·
Thanks for all that info MJ!! These cars are crazy man...CRAZY FAST !! I like....I like :D

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

"You wanta go fast and have good traction..put the motor in the back with a 671 blower on it" So I did..... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Cool , I know you will have good luck with it, I love the dry sys,
Sometimes I miss interpret, stuff ? . Let me know how it works
Dyno # track times whatever you do, I'll tell you this my car likes 60hp, Any more and the dyno does wacky, tires spinning, Just because it comes on so hard, So a progressive sys will be great !
60 then 80-100hp whow ,I may try this also.
call me If you want
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Cool , I know you will have good luck with it, I love the dry sys,
Sometimes I miss interpret, stuff ? . Let me know how it works
Dyno # track times whatever you do, I'll tell you this my car likes 60hp, Any more and the dyno does wacky, tires spinning, Just because it comes on so hard, So a progressive sys will be great !
60 then 80-100hp whow ,I may try this also.
call me If you want
Hey Pete,

Let me work the bugs out on my car first :eek: and then let's talk about running one on your beast.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
great , I may be able to help also, I can test on the dyno for u if u want. call me or pm

nitrous pete:shocked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
I'm not very sharp on kits for fuel injected cars(only used nitrous on my drag bike), but is the new product that NOS has available something that we could use? It looks like it incorporates the nitrous jet into a new injector. The injectors can be purchased in a wide variety of flow capacities. I don't know how this would work in conjunction with our returnless fuel system, but it would be very easy to get the fuel/nitrous timing worked out. Here's the link to the NOS site.
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSCA/FuelInj.html

Well, that isn't the link that I want. I am referring to the injector mount base that has the nitrous flow from an annular discharge ring surrounding the injector tip.
I'll keep looking for it on the web.

Here's what I wanted.:D
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top