Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I've decided not to go with the ZEX nitrous kit. A guy at Holley told me they are junk, and the more I look into it, I think he's right. I am now leaning towards getting a NOSzle Direct Port System. It is a wet system that injects nitrous and extra fuel almost directly into the combustion chamber, via nozzles that you attach to the 8 fuel injectors. This eliminates fuel puddling, which I believe will would eventually blow apart the plastic intake on late model GT's sooner or later. This system is relatively new, has anyone had experience with it? Before this system came out I heard that ALL wet systems were prone to fuel puddling and thus engine damage. It comes with 100 and 125 HP jets and HOT ROD Magazine says you don't need to make ANY engine Mods at this level. Anything over 150 HP you need to do some things. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
NOS Nitrous and Pro-Flow nitrous companies are the best out there from my experience. I know NX Express also makes good products, but I am not as familiar with them. I am not sure on the returnless cars if they even offer a dry kit, but they are the best to use IMHO.;

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've yet to really see any GT in the low 12's with any other kit then the NX kit. The NOSzle is nice, but the numbers I've seen from it are not impressive in any way.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I have had NOS nitrous on many of my cars since 1976. Always worked great. Never had any failures or blown parts but I have always tuned conservatively.
But don't forget that Holley owns NOS systems these days. Of course they will say that Zex is junk. I can't say anything about Zex personally since I have never had one. But they do have the worst web site I have ever seen. Can't find any product specific information.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I said GT you have a 4V. Oh wait, you had the NOSzle on the 2V motor? Then NX'd the 4V right. Why the switch to NX?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yep, I had the NOSzle on the 2v motor from my GT.

I switched to the NX when I went to the 4v for a few reasons.

Help fund the project (I did the 4v/C4/rear/rollbar over the winter and funds were getting low)
I sold the NOSzle kit for about what I had in it
I am (was) a local supplier of NX products and had one laying around.
I had used 2 NOS kits (dry and NOSzle) and wanted to try something different
I had never used a wet kit and wanted experience of using one.

It wasn't that I didn't like the NOSzle kit or anything like that - at the time it just made sense to get rid of it. If I didn't have the NX kit just sitting there I probably still would have sold it (and put the dry kit on) to help fund the project. I do regret selling it.:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anyone had any experience w/ the CompuCar "Nitrous In A Bag" kit? I know it's adjustable only up to 100hp. But in conjunction w/ my blower, I don't think I'll need to squeeze anything over that for what I need to do. A dry kit is a must, as I don't want to run the risk of blowing up my plastic intake. Also, it must be stealthy.

Please advise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
NOS 4.6l Dry EFI

I just installed the NOS 4.6l EFI Dry kit on my 99 Crown Vic, and gained 60rwhp and 90rwtq. The a/f mix was very safe, even when I did a run with the bigger nos jet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i trapped 111 with a compucar 125 wet shot....i was on regular gatorbacks, so my et sucked (13.01)...with traction and a better driver im sure it wouldve been a low 12. i never had any problems with my kit, and compucar has a lifetime warranty on the solenoids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ain't ya scared of blowing your plastic intake all to hell? Thats pretty quick, and a large dose of nitrous. I want to put nitrous in my 2003 Convertible 5 speed, but I just found out that to run on any sanctioned track, a convertible has to have a NHRA approved roll bar installed if it is capable of running anything faster than a 13.99. I don't really want to put in a friggin' rollbar! Sheet, my car should be able to do high 13's after I put in the 3.73's. What does anyone have to say about this little tidbit? I quess I can still put it in and run it on the street, judiciously.

·
Registered
17 Posts
NOSzle Kit

I live mins away from Holley here in BG and one of my best friends works there. When they first developed this direct port kit, a guy who worked at Holley volunteered his GT (2001) to be a test mule. They equipped it with full length headers, pullies, and some other bolt-ons as well. With the 150hp jet, the car dyno'd right at 400rwhp and 502rwtq. Sounds like some pretty good numbers to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nobody here has looked into the Venom 2000 kit?

It looks pretty cool. It's a very simple yet smart dry kit that comes with a Palm pda that helps you control the system. Look into it.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use Zex on my 2 fox bodies - never had a problem - If you can afford the NOS Nozzle - go for it - it looks safer than shooting into the plastic intake. But as for the guy from Holley saying Zex is crap - if that was true, they would be out of business by now.

I also like the NX EFI kit for the 99+

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got track results on my installation,
baseline- I went 15.411 in the 1/4 @ 88.+ mph

With the NOS active on the same day, I went 14.24 @ 96.25 mph

Whats the issue with the plastic intake and a dry system? I can understand why it's bad with a wet system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The system I was talking about IS a wet system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts