Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having the nos noszle kit installed next week and i'm looking for any advice from people here that are using this kit.should i use a purge valve?do you recomend a bottle heater?how much should i be paying for the install? also i am having my chip re-tuned any suggestions i can ask for from the shop doing the tuning?thanks in advance for yuor replies!

·
Registered
61 Posts
fast2v said:
i'm having the nos noszle kit installed next week and i'm looking for any advice from people here that are using this kit.should i use a purge valve?do you recomend a bottle heater?how much should i be paying for the install? also i am having my chip re-tuned any suggestions i can ask for from the shop doing the tuning?thanks in advance for yuor replies!
Yes and Yes. Install price I don't know - I did it myself. I would think it would only be a few hundred.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98gt4v,

are you running 100 shot or 125?where did you run your purge line out of?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My purge line comes out of the horses mouth at the front of the car. I ran mostly a 175 shot, but the car went 12.3's with the 125.:evil

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have a stockshort block? your sig you say 4v did you drop in a cobra motor?are you using the nos kit still or the nx kit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now I have a stock 4v(one of the Bishop crates)/c4/NX

Last year I had a stock 2v w/ PI heads/NOSzle/t45

I wish I still had the NOSzle kit though, I am sure that I could make it work with the 4v!:evil

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Definetely get a heater. Go with the NX heater it is MUCH MUCH better than the NOS heater. Trust me. 2nd. From experience..... I do not like how NOS uses that "box" for the WOT activation. The wiring they supply and connections really suck. I had some issues with getting a good connection. And i wasnt all into cutting my TPS wires to splice the box in. If i were you ditch that WOT box and get a normal WOT switch just like the NX kits come with. That is my opinion though. I loved the NOSzle other than their crappy wiring. Have fun with it!

Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Juiced46 said:
Definetely get a heater. Go with the NX heater it is MUCH MUCH better than the NOS heater. Trust me. 2nd. From experience..... I do not like how NOS uses that "box" for the WOT activation. The wiring they supply and connections really suck. I had some issues with getting a good connection. And i wasnt all into cutting my TPS wires to splice the box in. If i were you ditch that WOT box and get a normal WOT switch just like the NX kits come with. That is my opinion though. I loved the NOSzle other than their crappy wiring. Have fun with it!

Dave
I'm none too impressed with the NX heater - vrtical suggests the Edelbrock one, said he has used both and it is faster than the NX piece.

I agree with the TPS activation being junk - I got rid of it and used a microthrottle switch. It probably would have been easier if the kit didn't come all wired up. Its harder to follow what someone else has done than it is to do it yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do i really need a heater in the summer? also should i scrap the wot box and be prepared to use a microswitch and where do i get one?

did you use the 100 jets right away or wait to use the 125's?
btw i just ordered a puge kit today,thx for the advice

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry forgot to ask in my last reply. should i upgrade my injectors to 24# while they are out and get my maf recalibrated to them at same time? seems to me like it would be more economical if it's not to much fuel. did you upgrade your fuel pump also? and to what? hate to be a pain in the ass. thx again

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a walbro 255 intank and had a NOS inline at the time.

I don't know that you would need the 24lb injectors, I had the 19's on mine.

I would use the microthrottle switch, you can get one at summit or jegs. If the TPS connections aren't just right it could throw off the computer or not allow the system in activate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh, and I never had the 100 jets in the system. Its always a good idea to start at the lowest possible jetting though.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
More Fuel More Power

Check into getting a 03 Cobra Fuel pump, or the Steeda pump. It helps out in the starvation department. Oh yeah if it still has warranty, skip the 125's and go for 200!:D
Mine Loves the Gas!:evil

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did you have any trouble with the wot switch hook up?also where did you run your purge tube out of? did you run the 100 jets first or just went with the 125's? any fuel pump upgrade?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't have the purge kit at the time of the pic but i just pointed the line down,so that it would just spray under the hood.a lil sneaky sneaky.I only purge when i'm doing a burnout:D I went straight 2 a i tried the 100 shot for the dyno and uh thats it.A 100 shot is weak i think and uhh nope i didn't do any fuel upgrades

1 - 18 of 18 Posts