Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted last week on my times with the F1's and ran a [email protected] as some of you may know.

Well I got my buddy's BFG and the good track prep I had been looking for and have been lacking the past 2 months. Looks like the gods have smiled down upon me. Launched the car at 4000 and it hooked hard, and went straight as an arrow. What I got put a grin on my face.

The car was consistent all day long with a 11.44, 11.46 and 11.40, all in the 120-122mph range. Two 1.78 60ft's and one 1.80.

For the mods I have, I love it.

Here is a video of my 11.44 pass, the quality sucks. Im sorry
http://www.mrx7.com/broke7/Movies/1144.WMV

Slip below

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats,,That is outstanding..:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, how did you not break your half shafts? With my 315s launching at 2500rpm I was not going under 2.0 for a sixty foot. Amazing times. I however, did not see any trap speeds past 119. It could be that the temp was 106 degrees outside... I should try again on a nice cold day with a good track prep.

·
Registered
42 Posts
congrats broke7!!!!!

feel free to use the BFG's tomorrow if you want....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im gonna go out on a limb and say it was in the high 70's low 80's and humidity was in the 50-60% area, slight headwind. Definitlely a warm day in alaska for us.

Cobra is fun in the summer, should be more fun in the winter. Its my only driver.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
:salute

BADASS runs, Broke. This definately puts you in the top three mod for mod. Kuddos!!

As JT said above, your times nearly match his on both F1's as well as drag radials. And I find it VERY INTERESTING that you guys have nearly the same mods.

I believe that this further proves an important point: if you have the right mods and are making power that is a good BALANCE for the tires that you are using, you can realize the car's potential (with some exceptional driving and good weather of course).

You and JT both are making about the same power and, on drag radials, have enough steam to get down the track well but, more importantly, hook up well with the tires, suspension and chassis. It's a balancing act and you guys have obviously found the balance.

IMO, with more power comes OVERPOWER for tires, suspension and chassis and the never-ending search for bliss in part throttle.

BTW: How can you pay attention to the track with that BREATH TAKING background at that raceway in Alaska? Man, that is God's country up there!!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments.

I was looking at his mods and his has a bit more than me. alot of it could be the weather here, but you never know. Its almost like the cars have mirror images.

Im gonna be getting an Offroad X and Catback here very soon, so I should pick up 10-20 rwhp hopefully, Maybe get another mph and get lucky with 123 or 124. Car is consistent in the 120-121mph range but its only ran 122 once. Ironically the tune I have loaded in the car right now is for an Offroad X and 3" catback and im running stock Hpipe and stock catback piping with straightpipes. It does go rich from about 5200+ and is at 10.3:1 by 6200rpm. So I think there is some room left in the tune, maybe 5-10hp just getting things to smooth out in the upper RPM range.

Some 11.3's with be awesome with a good exhaust and throttle body, well see though. Dont wanna count chicken before they hatch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts