Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day a noise coming from the driver side cat, almost sounds like a rock chattering back in forth inside the heat shield. I am not really sure what the problem is, maybe a bad cat or something. Hopefully someone can fill me in as to whats wrong.
It happens mainly at start up after the car has been sitting for awhile, and then as I drive it goes away. It's getting kinda annoying, so I hope i find out the problem. Thanx guys

matt

G

·
my03svtcobra said:
take it back for warranty!!!

:D
yeah..there ya go...take it back....when you do...we want to come along to take pictures of the shop manager's face when he opens the hood ;)

Hopfully the noise is just something in the cat and nothing else. Just take a look under there and check to see how tight things are. Maybe its something thats loose and when warmed up the heat tightens it up.

Hard to say buddy,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)

·
Banned
572 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
yeah..there ya go...take it back....when you do...we want to come along to take pictures of the shop manager's face when he opens the hood ;)

Hopfully the noise is just something in the cat and nothing else. Just take a look under there and check to see how tight things are. Maybe its something thats loose and when warmed up the heat tightens it up.

Hard to say buddy,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)
Hey whats up did i miss somthing ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that cat itself came lose. I talked to Pete about it, he said he will help me out, so hopefully everything will be done soon :)

Matt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHAH, yeah your right harry, that did come across my mind a couple times. We shall see

matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts