Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some time back that my dealership(Ford) wanted to void my warranty for the reason being that I had a chip installed at one time. The problem with my car was that the motor was knocking. When I went to talk to the shop foreman and the tech about my car they said that Ford had requested pictures of my car and were waiting on what decision Ford was going to make. So I called my dealership this Monday and requested to know what was going to happen with my car. When I had called the shop foreman had explained to me that Ford requested to talk with the tech who was working on my car and that they would let me know what Ford's decision was going to be within an hour. So I got the call from the shop foreman letting me know that Ford had approved the new engine for my car. You don't know how happy I was to hear this. So today 7-17-03 my service advisor called to give me an update on my car. He explained to me that they were working on installing the new motor and maybe I would have my car this Friday if not for sure on Monday. I can't wait to get my car back. If anyone has any questions I can help them out with let me know.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Whew! That is good news.....and I can understand the relief you must feel. Congrats! and hope that everything works out for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are the ford mechanics at the dealer gonna stamp there names on the engine? just curious as to how that works.

·
Registered
630 Posts
sho95 said:
Are the ford mechanics at the dealer gonna stamp there names on the engine? just curious as to how that works.
LOL, it's still going to be a Ford built motor like the one coming out. All they are doing is swapping the knocking engine out for another new one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was just bein a smartass

I have been contemplating buying an 03 but have heard lots of issues with different things about the car, not that it happens to everyone though.

I will most likely buy an 04. I will loose out on the sonic blue but will probably grab a redfire vert. Not sure yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts