Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing the headswap, and im having so many problems with this stupid dipstick, it took my forever to get it out, now i cant get the new one? wtf. it will not slide in there, it barely fits in at the tip, wtf do i do? is there a way i can plug that hole, and say screw the damn dipstick? i hate it when stupid problems hold me back from getting things done, i dont know what to do here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think part of the problem may be the angle of which your trying to put it back in at. Is the car on a lift, or can you put it on one? Do you have someone to help you put it in? 2 people, and atleast have it elevated so you can get under there, you can guide it back in. I wouldnt plug it if it was me, I would try to get i back in. If it came out, it will go back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car is on stands, it just seems to not be going in, 1 thing i noticed, when i pulled out old dipstick, there is not a end on it, that gradually gets skinnier, it just stopps there, but the cut looks to perfect for it to have been broken off, the new one is skinny then it gets fat at the end where the o ring is. wtf?

·
Registered
66 Posts
sounds like the dipstick is broken.

putting those in is not easy.

hopefully the exhaust gaskets are installed on the correct sides.

Trial and Error is how i've been successful at doing those.

·
Registered
66 Posts
a small slip hammer with a threaded end on it.

or if it is broken off at the flange try prying it up and out with a small screw driver.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The easiet way to install it is to jack up the engine a little and loosen the motor mount and that baby will slide right in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts