Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dumb question, but necessary since I cant seem to find it in writing.

i have a novi 1000. why not go to a 2000? :)

The question is this: a novi 2000 uses a different drive belt. a novi 2000 RR is driven so it can use the accessory drive belt. That means I would just have to change brackets, idlers, and blowers. i could re use my already hooked up oil lines, etc. I'd have to add a BOV, but thats not a big deal.

or am i stupid?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
What are your goals with the car is the more important question. The 1000 can handle what you need if your on a stock shortblock still.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goal is ~600 rwhp. i want to change super chargers when i pull the engine for forging, cams, and heads. thats happening in about 2 months.

·
Registered
740 Posts
if you want 600hp you'll need a 2000,and make sure you get a 8rib kit. And no yohu don't need a BOV. a bov is for turbos that keep spooling even after you lift and making boost, you're bypass will basically do the same thing.

What's your actual question thou? The 2000rr is for mod motors if you have a 1000 it should be driven the same way since you have a mod motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
goal is ~600 rwhp. i want to change super chargers when i pull the engine for forging, cams, and heads. thats happening in about 2 months.
Well if your planning on doing all that, I say go for it and get the 2000, that blower is badass!

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
I am making 661rwhp with a novi 2000 and running 18lbs on a 6 rib set up where it started to slip because of a leaky oil return line spraying oil on the pulleys.. I fixed my belt slip and now making 21lbs on a 6rib set up. I also fixed my meth system (was leaking at most of the fittings) and going back to get retuned next friday. I should be making around 800rwhp then.

Since you want to make that amount of power you should just blow off since you will need a by pass like a mondo. Plus it just sounds bad ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNTU8Tc27z4

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay but do i need a regular 2000 or a 2000RR to keep the stock accessory belt drive system?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
How equal is a HD t-trim to a novi 2k?im aiming for 600rwhp on 93 oct...worried the t-trim wont get me there,i have considered the novi...is there a huge difference?

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
You need an RR for any 4.6L

A T trim will have to spin like crazy to make 600hp. If you get 600 with a T trim that will be about as high as you go.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
ya,hysteria and shawnssvtcobra i think both went with the t-trim,and both achieved 600RWHP with the t-trim...Im planning on 18-20psi,8rib,2.9 pulley,IW 10% overdrive.hopen i can get there:p are the novis considerable better then the t-trim?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks oxford. nice vid btw. that bov just lets you know troubles inside

1 - 12 of 12 Posts