Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up an NX wet kit with the genx2 upgrade for my 2000 GT. My only mods are Steeda Pullies, Tri-Ax, Off-road H, spec stage 2 clutch, 4.10s, ET Drags and a tweecer. What else do i need to get to get ready for the wet shot? I plan on getting a window switch and tuning it with the tweecer. Do i actually need a Tach Adapter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you use the 100 shot you don't have to retard the timing at all. I don't even know if you can do a 125 with the NX kit.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No, for a 100 shot 10* is fine. Anything over 100 is retard 2* per 50 shot over 10. You will need a tach adapter if using a window switch, however, doesn't the tweecer have a built in window switch? Get some gears 3.73's if your gonna stay on the spray.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TruBlu01 said:
No, for a 100 shot 10* is fine. Anything over 100 is retard 2* per 50 shot over 10. You will need a tach adapter if using a window switch, however, doesn't the tweecer have a built in window switch? Get some gears 3.73's if your gonna stay on the spray.
whoops, i forgot to say i have 4.10s already. I don't know if the tweecer has a built in window switch...that is definetly something to check out, that may make me actually hook this nitrous kit up sooner :blob

·
Registered
692 Posts
Depending on how good of a driver you are, you may have to jump to 5th gear, unless you get some unusually tall tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well lets see me with a 4:10 and a 125 shot and a 6K launch on DR i would run out of gear but I dunno thats powershifting the f**K out of the car on the spray

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TruBlu01 said:
Depending on how good of a driver you are, you may have to jump to 5th gear, unless you get some unusually tall tires.
man, that would suck. I have 26x10x15 ET Drags

·
Registered
810 Posts
Definately, a taller tire. BF Drag Radials 275/60/15 is almost 28" I ran [email protected] , 4.10 gears , Long tubes , x-pipe, Borla cat back, NX 100 shot. 1060 nitrous pressure, leaving the line @ 3500 and spray. 1.71 60ft could have been better. Wish I would have run with slicks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts