Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the experts -

On the stock H, is it possible from a clearance perspective to position a bung prior to cats, that is between 10 and 2 oclock position? I know there's not much space on the H, and the sensor I'd be mounting in the bung is going to need some clearance space like any o2 sensor.

If this is impossible with the stock H, I'll have to re-think getting and aftermarket H or X.

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick, I knew someone would know for sure. I'll get w/Hermann.

My jazzy o2 gizmo came in from OZ. If I can get it installed before the dyno, it'd be interesting to compare it to the tailpipe sniffer.

Bill

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I got from Techedge:

Which requires you to find & purchase an NTK L1H1 wideband sensor (mine came from partsbin.com):

Should be more informative than an Autometer AF light show!

Bill

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Bill,
That looks great. Is that from the austrailian outfit? Ok, I went back and click on the link, I see that it is.

Don't want to be to nosy, but what did that all cost?

I found the everything but the sensor. Do you have the link to partsbin.com? I tried http://www.partsbin.com and it didn't seem to exist.

JT

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JT-

I paid $599 Australian, which should work out to about $355 US. Sensor was $148. so total was $503. Peter from Techedge has a web page about the specific sensor required, here. There is a link to partsbin on there. I ended up ordering over the phone because I wanted to be sure I got the right one.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts