Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing some plugs lastnight and was looking at the throttle body and was swinging the butterfly's open and closed and went all the way open and noticed that both of the blades set at about 80 degrees vs 90 degrees which would be wide open.

I just come from the ls1 world before my 03 and a free mod for the ls1 was something we called a throttle body bump stop mod, it involved grinding the ear on the throttle stop a tad and getting the butterfly to open some more. On the ls1's it was about 80-85% open as well. Some guys reported 5whp gain on the dyno in some cases. Maybe there is some small gains to be made here, maybe more since its a forced induction setup, and FI setups like to breath freely.

To fine tune this mod you cant go over a certain TPS voltage or the it will trip a code in the ecu and throw a code the check engine light.

Im wondering if anyone knows the max voltage of TPS sensor?? If I can find out some info I will start tinkering.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I didnt know if all TPS were univeral. I know on ls1's 4.6v was a good # to stop at and 4.7 would set off a code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts