Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What type of Octane booster is the best to get? I like running the 112 racing fuel....easier to get a good Octane booster and go get some 100 octane unleaded from my local gas station.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com:blob

·
Banned
572 Posts
104 OCT. BOSTER AND I THINK THE OTHER IS 108
AND ANOTHER THAT HAS A HORSE WITH FLAMES ON THE CAN

SEAN

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my03svtcobra said:
104 OCT. BOSTER AND I THINK THE OTHER IS 108
AND ANOTHER THAT HAS A HORSE WITH FLAMES ON THE CAN

SEAN
How have they seemed to work so far Sean?

Harry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Jim...I guess I wont be needing that anymore :) Going the Jimmy V. way of thinking with all this pulley/boost stuff.

See Jim...if you just keep pounding the info into my brain..I will listen sooner or later :D Thanks.

Harry

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Thank Jim...I guess I wont be needing that anymore :) Going the Jimmy V. way of thinking with all this pulley/boost stuff.

See Jim...if you just keep pounding the info into my brain..I will listen sooner or later :D Thanks.

Harry
I think your new setup is more reliable and you won't need that Expensive race gas..

All you need now is a DYNO TUNE :blob

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Harry, I am sure Pete has a file that would be right for you..
That would only be a reburn..
This way you stay with Diablo...and Pete..

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Yo Harry,

I think octane booster is a crock of shiznit. Back when I had my 68 Camaro (12.5:1 comp.) I used it several times with no luck. It was a lesson learned when I blew a head gasket on a very expensive motor.:mad:

Anyway bro are you getting detonation? What's the concern for higher octane? I usually run VP 103 when I hit the dragstrip for safety purposes and would reccomend that or Sunoco race fuels.

Razor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi Razor....I never had detination.....When Pete told me to run 112 octane mixed with 94 with the tune I had from ...I did...and never had a prob. I didnt want to take any chances, like you said.
So now I should be fine with 16 lbs of boost .

Harry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Harry, I am sure Pete has a file that would be right for you..
That would only be a reburn..
This way you stay with Diablo...and Pete..
I am sure he will too....me being under the weather and the weather....we will try and get something going. No hurry....just going to enjoy my car now...

Harry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts