Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering if I can run 100 octane low lead in my car. I having issues finding race fuel from a reliable source and I know the airport fuel is better than any. The catch is it has a small amount of lead in it. I do not have any cats and plan on using it just occasionally so I'm wondering if I can use it?

I know I would need to change the valve on my waste gate. But other than that, any issues?

Thanks Guys

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
It will eventually kill your 02 sensors. How long will that take? No clue.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Have you thought about running water/meth injection with pump gas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you thought about running water/meth injection with pump gas?
I already have issues finding someone to tune my car as it is. But the answer is yes, I have thought about it. The intercooler is rated to 700 but I know that there can be some impressive gains from meth injection.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I already have issues finding someone to tune my car as it is. But the answer is yes, I have thought about it. The intercooler is rated to 700 but I know that there can be some impressive gains from meth injection.
Maxpsi,
I could piss in your tank after the 5 shots of 2killya I have had. I would probably help after the beat down I gave you Thursday.

Sactown. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maxpsi,
I could piss in your tank after the 5 shots of 2killya I have had. I would probably help after the beat down I gave you Thursday.

Sactown. :)
Yes you did own me.

Hopefully the tune issues get resolved when Tony emails me and I get some data loggin in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wonder how that race would change if we both had traction.
Like I said that night "My car was faster tonight even though its the slower of the 2 cars"

I picked up those 4, 5 gallon pails of 100 octane today, and got ride of the old stuff.

Next time we will put the DR's on.

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what are you on about?
If you run leaded fuel through most wastegates it will damage the valve. You can the "race valve",which I beleive is stainless, with any fuel but they are most expensive so manufactures put the standard valve.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you run leaded fuel through most wastegates it will damage the valve. You can the "race valve",which I beleive is stainless, with any fuel but they are most expensive so manufactures put the standard valve.
Well if you're running a tial (which most are) I think those all come with stainless stuff already.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if you're running a tial (which most are) I think those all come with stainless stuff already.
It is a Tial. I guess I should look at it closely to figure out which valve is in there. I had no idea there were different valves until I was on their website.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sweet! Depending on what is going on tomorrow the girls might pile up in the car and come down to pick them up.

I will also be stealing back the fuel rail drain.
Sounds good, just give me a heads up so I can let the boss know, and to make sure I am not working late.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts