Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my car up today from Modular Depot with the official weight. The total weight was 3546 lbs.

front driver 751lbs front pass. 984lbs

rear driver 1009lbs rear pass. 802lbs

For a total of 3546lbs.

Why is the driver side rear 250+lbs heavier than the driver side front? Even with the motor, steering wheel, brake and clutch pedals, and support hardware. I would think the front would be heavier. It is almost the same case for the passenger side. Except the front is heavier. The front pass. is 282lbs heavier in the front than the rear. But what shocked me was the front pass. is heavier than the front driver side. Again, even though the steering wheel is on the left side the passenger was heavier. How could that be?

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's because I left my 2 supermodel girlfriends with invisible powers in your passenger seat.

seriously though............

they are hot.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There are a lot of things you aren't considering. You have the weight of the battery, washer fluid and pump, computer, etc. that are all on the right side. Your corner weights also don't mean shit without you or something that weighs as much as you in the driver's seat. There is the pre-load from your swaybars. The fuel in the tank doesn't automaticly equalize, therefore to weight it properly it needs to be either out of gas or full.

There's a few reasons. :beerchug:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a lot of things you aren't considering. You have the weight of the battery, washer fluid and pump, computer, etc. that are all on the right side. Your corner weights also don't mean shit without you or something that weighs as much as you in the driver's seat. There is the pre-load from your swaybars. The fuel in the tank doesn't automaticly equalize, therefore to weight it properly it needs to be either out of gas or full.

There's a few reasons. :beerchug:
The tank was completely topped off.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's because I left my 2 supermodel girlfriends with invisible powers in your passenger seat.

seriously though............

they are hot.
Trust me! I knew they was in there. If you was driving behind me you knew exactly what was going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.