Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off of the phone with Jamie Meyer.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: an 03 Cobra-specific class is officially scrapped. While the interest in holding such a class is there for all NMRA officials, things were too hectic, time ran too short and it's all too disorganized - not fair for the 03 Cobra guys to cope with.

Good news: we can still run at Bradenton and there will still be trophies given out. Anyone wishing to run can jump into any class they wish - Outlaw, Mod Motor, etc. There is no need to compete against the others in that class. Results during passes will be recorded and top positions will get trophies...again...not competing against any outlaw car or other mod motor vehicle.

More good news: a organized and formalized 03 Cobra class is still in effect for other races. This includes Columbus Ohio, Atco NJ and the finals at Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Additionally, anyone who shows up to run will get coverage in the Race Pages (Jamie is very good about making sure that we are rewarded in such ways) as well as coverage within NMRA's new TV coverage efforts.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Whow . I will be there Pumped up ! ,.,,.,..,. I mean juced uppp
too old to pump up he he he , but still good to go.,.,..,.,, racing
Hammer ride with me , Jt also, Lets ride,
Nitrous pete , the original

·
Registered
618 Posts
Great Rich I can't wait to see you in a Darth Vader costume, hey I guess this means you can run the KB afterall!!!:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you think, Pete? A couple of BONZAI passes with the new twin screw?

I think you may be right.

I am thinking two quick passes and then enormous amounts of partying.

Will we have time to jump on a fishing boat while down there?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haveight said:
Great Rich I can't wait to see you in a Darth Vader costume, hey I guess this means you can run the KB afterall!!!:D
Hey Matt. I wasn't supposed to say, but Pete's going as Princess Lea.

Jimmy Vaccaro, as per usual, will be Yoda.

:shocked

·
Registered
618 Posts
There is only a few more days till the KB is suppose to ship are you excited yet Rich Pete, or anyone else. New tires new injectors more NOS and who knows whats next!!!:D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey here's how I see it , remember when you were is 6 th grade
ok now you can see it through my eyes, What the hell !!!!!!!!
Let's roll hard ! then partyyyy yheeh haaa Hope to have the KB
Hammer, jt , marlon, , Jim V, Hot rod, Mat T ,Harvy, Glen, Big daddy, Jim from jdm. We can all roll togther,
Hey all of us north guys :) Come on !!!

hey what the hell lets taks the auto train, !
Come on it a celebration, cell adrate good times come on,
Song from kool and the gang!

·
Registered
244 Posts
If all you north guys are gonan go together, let me know I will go with you guys. I am supposed to be in FL at that time anyway, so I would love to go.
Matt

·
Registered
438 Posts
best option of all!!

That has got to be the best of option for all the 03 owners. Basically, you can run anytime you want, if I read that correctly.

Looks like you will get alot more passes, for testing, etc, than you would with a Cobra specific class.

Just think Pete, you can line up with Murrillo, Glidden, and some of the other FAIRLY quick guys!!!!:D

Sounds like a ball, see you all there.

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for getting the word out Rich. And, thanks to Nitrous Pete, Jimmy V, Rick/Linn at Amazon, JT, Uncle Ben, and all the other North East `03 Cobra crazies for your support.

Let me jump in here so everyone is on the same page. I will have at least 5 trophies going to the fastest 5 `03 Cobras on the property at Bradenton during the NMRA event. You can enter any class that you want to (as long as the car is legal per the NMRA rule book). I would suggest Modular since it's a perfect fit for the newer cars, and, if you all decide on one class, you will in effect have your own `03 Cobra Shootout going during qualifying. But, you will have to register for whatever class you chose and run with that class only. (Of course, Pete seems a natural for Outlaw, right?)

As Hammer eluded to, the NMRA will be offering up much, much more for the `03 Cobra owners/racers including our massive Bowling Green blowout at the end of the year. Bradenton will be nice to get the ball rolling.

So, run hard at Bradenton in whatever class you decide to enter. And, remember, I'll be keeping track of the 5 fastest passes of the weekend. Good luck to everyone, and I'll see you in sunny Florida!!!

Jamie

P.S. It's time to start some discussion on what you want the rules to be at the following NMRA `03 Cobra events. And, let's limit this to one class for the `03 Cobras. The rules can range from a heads-up free for all or a limited set of rules like we use in Factory Stock. Let me know ......

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sounds like a good plan..We actually get to run 2 classes for the price of one.
Having a good Terminator turnout,,Not to mention some great track times....Will insure that we will be part of other Events as the new year goes on...

I'll be there to Spank,my good friends Hammer and JT..

jim v.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts