Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first heard this idea from Bryan Manduley (sp?) when we were talking on the phone before. He mentioned to me how hot the oil was going into the supercharger and the need to cool that oil to possibly lower blower outlet temps. My questiion is, is this worth the time to plumbh up and is there much of a benefit. I would hate to add more hoses and weight for something with null gains. I am sure someone has researched this before, I think Paxton used to run a cooler on it's blowers. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Chad i thought i saw something a while back that Granatelli Motorsports or Anderson ford motorsports offered such a device. I do not recall seeing any results i 'll call Jr and see if has it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i did some testing in putting an oil cooler for the blower. it worked fine, my discharge temp went down 36 degrees. the head unit stays cool all the time that i can lay my cheek on it after doing a pass at the track.

later
saud

·
Registered
173 Posts
I currently have the set-up you are talking about on my car. I am running the B+M super cooler. I ended up getting a 1/4"to -6an fitting to replace the 1/4' to -4an fitting(this is where the oil comes out of the motor). then ran a -6 line to the cooler. On the other side, i came out of the cooler with a -4 line and into the blower with it. I mounted the cooler in the same spot that i had the water cooler for the aftercooler.
As far as how much difference? I really dont have any #'s, but i would think it cant do anything but help.

Good luck,
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts