Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you remove the oil cooler with any kind of adapter? I am trying to run a header foreward and want to know if it could be removed/relocated? TIA

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is this ok for a street driven car? What is the purpose of this exactly?
Its used to control oil temps, if the oil gets to hot it will break down and cease to be an effective lubricant. I drive my car as a street car every day the weather is good, I bet I put more miles on my car as a pleasure car than most do with their daily driver with zero issues so far from oil overheating.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Its used to control oil temps, if the oil gets to hot it will break down and cease to be an effective lubricant. I drive my car as a street car every day the weather is good, I bet I put more miles on my car as a pleasure car than most do with their daily driver with zero issues so far from oil overheating.
Is it as easy as taking off the stocker and replacing it with this?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I went to the local junk yard and took the adapter off a 4v mark 8,they dont have a oil cooler.bolted it up with a new gasket and was good to go. cost was $35 with new gasket.

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
Can you remove the oil cooler with any kind of adapter? I am trying to run a header foreward and want to know if it could be removed/relocated? TIA
You could always run a Mach 1 filter adapter. That's what I had to run with HP's forward facing long tubes. Still an oil cooler as well, just not as good as the Cobra's.

·
Registered
694 Posts
These are old pics but might help or give you a few ideas.... The water neck is from Evans, the oil cooler and thermostat are Earls

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks good. I forgot to specify which I was looking for...would like pics of the mach 1 set-up.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Not sure I would like my filter that high up. How is it changing it in that location? Does oil get everywhere under it? Personally, I like the idea of having the filter straight up and down so when twisting it off, it all stays in the filter.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thats like the one i got from a 4v lincoln at the junk yard.the taxi cab 4.6 have a similar one also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts