Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the problem with oil in their intake. I have a 99 gt with an aftercooled vortech. I took the motor out to rebuilt it and found oil in the intake and the MAF, and the powerpipe. Any idea how to fix this other than rebuilding the motor(just finished and am putting it in now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
fly boy said:
Anyone have the problem with oil in their intake. I have a 99 gt with an aftercooled vortech. I took the motor out to rebuilt it and found oil in the intake and the MAF, and the powerpipe. Any idea how to fix this other than rebuilding the motor(just finished and am putting it in now.
This seems to be a common problem with supercharged/turbo cars. Also anyone running aftermarket valve covers. Someone suggested getting 2003 Cobra PCV's. Another solution is a Catch Can which collects the oil instead of letting it go through your intake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I installed two breathers, one on each valve cover. I forget if we disconnected the PCV.

I don't notice a puff of white smoke very often on start-up anymore, so hopefully it is helping.:confused:

Common problem though.

Howard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts