Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. New ones are pretty $$ just for a gasket......

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
yes, used mine 3 times already. just check for nicks in them

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
that and put a little silicone on it not a whole lot just to make sure it seals good.

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
they are the same style of gasket as an intake manifold gasket. you can reuse almost all gaskets on these cars except for the heads obviously.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont be cheap just get a new one. for something stupid like that its not worth the head ache
Hmmm... Only one person I can think of with a Sonic Blue Cobra, that would give such a reply......

If they are re-useable, I will re-use them. Enough said. BTW I am far from cheap.:bigwink:

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
i'm going off my experience, i also reused my intake manifold gaskets, my headers gaskets and even my fuel hat gasket, everything sealed, you just have to inspect the gasket for any damage to make sure.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well let me ask you guys this then... I never saw anything about the head gaskets that would make me think they could not be re-used.. So why not? especially on a stockish / bolt on car (relatively low power)... That being said, I replaced my head gaskets along with the oil pan gasket.. Only reason I didnt re- use the one for the oil pan is I broke it..Anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i believe the gaskets have the rubber down the middle that get squished and are made of rubber. Rubber has a memory in it that lets it return to its original form. Head gaskets are not rubber and also get squished to the form of the head. Once pulled apart there is no memory int the gasket and prolly will not be guaranteed to seal the next round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts