Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make an aftermarket oil pan with the oil return already built in or do I have to just mod my stock one?

· Moving on up...
4,777 Posts
Either or bud. I modded the stocker, but Canton, Moroso, MMR, etc will all mod it for you for use with AN fittings for little to no charge.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im going to just mod the stock one. I can get a weld on bung for nothing and tig it on.

· Registered
302 Posts
More threads!
Looks like this guy wants everyone on here to build his car for him. I will offer to drive it if you guys build it. LOL

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow really. Thats funny because I was under the impression these forums were used for a good source of info and to help each other out! Being bashed for asking questions from people who have experience in this!
I would never bash someone for looking for the proper info instead of going trial by error but thats just ME!!!!!! Honest I feel that those comments are F**KED UP! If you dont like the fact I ask a bunch of questions then dont post and move on!!!!!!!!! REALLY!

· Registered
302 Posts
A little fun on our part and your already upset. Lets talk about a 10+ month build, countless little issues and then 3 bad th400 builds. Then you can get upset and come cry to me. These builds are not easy and no one has a magical formula to follow because everyone has diffrent goals.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
i guess if everybody used google to answer all their questions then this board wouldnt be here. at least hes not asking how to do an oil change. but anyways, most of the aftermarket pans out there are just a stock ford pan with a sump welded to the bottom of it for extra capacity. but then you start running into issues with the spacing between the bottom of the pan and the oil pickup tube. the stock pan will be fine as long as the bung is actually welded to it, jb weld is not allowed. if you ever start running high rpms like 7000+, then youll want a larger pan

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool thats all I wanted to know!

And I have been doing alot of reading and this is not my first time in the park with modding mustangs, but first time playing with a turbo so I just want to see what has been a working combo for guys. I have gone down the road of poped motors and bad trans and trying to be creative. This time I want a fun street car that works with causing as little issues as possible.
Again sorry for ASKING to many questions but I am trying to do my homework before taking on something I am unfamuliar with.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ruthless,
I read the entire writeup on your sonic and it is pretty much what I am trying to achieve.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What ever!! your right my bad for asking questions. What was I thinking, car forum but you cant ask to many questions. Understood!

· Registered
1,314 Posts
A little fun on our part and your already upset. Lets talk about a 10+ month build, countless little issues and then 3 bad th400 builds. Then you can get upset and come cry to me. These builds are not easy and no one has a magical formula to follow because everyone has diffrent goals.
OP could argue that if you had asked more questions your build might not have taken 10+ months, you might not have had as many little issues, and you might not have had three bad th400 builds...just sayin

on the flip-side, I agree it's a bit of a trivial topic, but obviously it was intriguing enough for you to click on it

To add to the thread, i'm glad I did click on it, because it made me realize that my original plan of using one of the spare drain plugs on the side of my 7qt pan isn't going to work and that I'm going to have to get a bung put on above the oil-level for it to drain properly. Something to keep in mind when putting a drain plug on the pan, no?

· Registered
243 Posts
MAN......everybody seems so sensative!!! Some people need to get a thicker skin for the internet! lol. To the original poster, I have always been a believer of increased oil capicity in my turbo cars. I chose the Moroso pan for my car because of all the pans I have personally looked at for my application, they build a beautiful pan for the money imo. They have the bungs altrady in place for for turbo/supercharger applications, hope this helps!

Bob

· Registered
1,314 Posts
MAN......everybody seems so sensative!!! Some people need to get a thicker skin for the internet! lol. To the original poster, I have always been a believer of increased oil capicity in my turbo cars. I chose the Moroso pan for my car because of all the pans I have personally looked at for my application, they build a beautiful pan for the money imo. They have the bungs altrady in place for for turbo/supercharger applications, hope this helps!

Bob
Glad I read this post too! I have a Moroso pan. I've never noticed the plug on the very front but I'll have to check when I get home!

OP, I recommend the Moroso pan, very nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.