Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...we have been working on a 3 stage nitrous system for quite some time now. 2 stages in the intake and a third progressive stage with the NOSzle system.

There are a few issues with the NOSzles, the dont fit down in the injector holes properly, and the injectors dont fit quite right in the NOSzles.

I am sure that it can be made to work, which we will start on next week, I think a little grinding on the intake, and the import adapter kit and that should fix it up. Also it looks like a little grinding on the intake plenum (after the throttle body, cause the rail hits the bottom just a bit when you put the NOSzle & injector in)

Also, you MUST use a stand alone fuel system ...period!!! We have a complete Areomotive A1000 system and a 3 gallon fuel cel in the trunk (the fuel system will support 700hp)

We tried the 1st & 2nd stages last night with a combined 200hp shot...all I can say is, holy $%^@, did it pull hard. Had the 1st stage set to hit at WOT & the 2nd stage kicked in 2 seconds later.

Going to the dyno Friday to check A/F on the tune up, I know it is a little fat right now.

We have been working on this for a while, and had to put the project on hold do to an ugly divorce...but now its time to go racin'

Here are some OLD pics of our set, it has changed some, and been cleaned up. I will try to post some new pics soon.

there are a few more on my website...click on the link in my sig

jb

·
Registered
285 Posts
you guys are just insane...lol

that would ruin someones day on the street when they popped the hood on that car and what kind of plug gap are you running when all stages are on.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Glad to hear you are back at it and the succesful maiden voyage :) I'm sure that was all grins!! Couple of questions..

avdawg said:

Also, you MUST use a stand alone fuel system ...period!!! We have a complete Areomotive A1000 system and a 3 gallon fuel cel in the trunk (the fuel system will support 700hp)

Saw the pics on the site w/ the gas tank and pump in the trunk, I don't know NHRA IHRA rules but is it track-legal setup? Not being a rule thumper here just curious. The stand alone fuel system makes perfect sense!

avdawg said:

We tried the 1st & 2nd stages last night with a combined 200hp shot...all I can say is, holy $%^@, did it pull hard. Had the 1st stage set to hit at WOT & the 2nd stage kicked in 2 seconds later.

jb
Curious about the N20 timer, what happens if you lift (to stop tire spin), does the 2nd stage wait another 2 seconds to re-engage?

Please keep the updates coming.. this car is going to be one of the first 5 03's into the 9's at this rate.. !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: ok.. nitrous system update

Jerry said:
Glad to hear you are back at it and the succesful maiden voyage :) I'm sure that was all grins!! Couple of questions..

Saw the pics on the site w/ the gas tank and pump in the trunk, I don't know NHRA IHRA rules but is it track-legal setup? Not being a rule thumper here just curious. The stand alone fuel system makes perfect sense!

]Once I put the rear firewall in (.032 aluminum), should be legal (fold down back seats are not considered a firewall)

Curious about the N20 timer, what happens if you lift (to stop tire spin), does the 2nd stage wait another 2 seconds to re-engage?

the timers pick up right where you left off...so if if lift at 1.5 seconds, then get back to WOT, the second stage would come in .5 seconds from that. (I can set the timer for the second stage anywhere from 0-10 seconds),

Please keep the updates coming.. this car is going to be one of the first 5 03's into the 9's at this rate.. !
[/QUOTE

thanks, its gonna be fun:shocked

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would think you would push more than 700rwhp when the 3rd stage is complete.What have you dynoed without nitrous? Good luck with the setup.This will really test the durability of the 03 motor

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SSled said:
I would think you would push more than 700rwhp when the 3rd stage is complete.What have you dynoed without nitrous? Good luck with the setup.This will really test the durability of the 03 motor
SSLed...

The motor runs on the stock fuel system, so that is taken care of. (havent had it on the dyno to see what it is without the spray) Dynu runs and tuning in the morning.

So, the 700hp fuel system is ONLY to support the nitrous.

Once I get the NOSzles figured out and installed, the tune up will be something like this.

1st stage- 50hp at WOT
2nd stage- 100hp @ 2-3 seconds into the run
3rd stage- 200hp @ 3 seconds into the run

so, with that 350 worth of hp, I would suspect I should be knocking on the door 700-750 total hp, which has been done by some of these folks already. So I am pretty comforatable that it will be ok...

jb

·
Registered
135 Posts
avdawg said:
SSLed...

The motor runs on the stock fuel system, so that is taken care of. (havent had it on the dyno to see what it is without the spray) Dynu runs and tuning in the morning.

So, the 700hp fuel system is ONLY to support the nitrous.

Once I get the NOSzles figured out and installed, the tune up will be something like this.

1st stage- 50hp at WOT
2nd stage- 100hp @ 2-3 seconds into the run
3rd stage- 200hp @ 3 seconds into the run

so, with that 350 worth of hp, I would suspect I should be knocking on the door 700-750 total hp, which has been done by some of these folks already. So I am pretty comforatable that it will be ok...

jb
Thanks for the info.I am just trying to learn all I can about these cars.You never know what car you will own next...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok...getting ready to go try this on the dyno. I will post results...good or bad late tonight or in the morning.

Cause if it looks good there its off for some 1/8 mile testing tonight:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
tranny will but if you shift on the bottle, you will drive right thur the clutch, even with a small shit on the 3-4 shift mine will spin the clutch some and its new

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, the whole day was a wash....first rain in the morning so I cant go to the dyno, then pretty all day long until it is time to go to the track!!!!:blob

So, we will have to wait and see...

stay tuned, more to come:p

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Any updates on the noszle set up?
Did you get any #s yet?
That set up is some wicked s**t?
I want one!!!:D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Why hook up a 3 stage nitrous kit to a stock air box?? That has to be a huge restriction IMO

·
Registered
407 Posts
i'd like to be updated with the nozzle install.......

If I put the bottle on mine thats how i'd like to go. I have a fogger on my ranger. And in my opinion, the fogger \ nozzle is the best way to go for even distribution.

I wasn't aware of any problems, I assumed if I bought the nozzle kit it would fit no problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts