Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at prices on race gas the past few days and that stuff ain't getting any cheaper. Looked thru several other threads but I wanted to get some opinions. I've got a Weldon 2345A pump, 2040 Regulator and a Weldon 40 micron pre filter and a 10 micron post filter, and Mike Moran 235# injectors. What else is required to run E98? Advantages/disadvantages? Any differences in the size fuel/return lines required? Anything else that would have to be changed?

· Registered
699 Posts
It was 2.50 a gallon in AZ last time I checked my car went from 110 to c16 to c23 made more TQ and went faster with E98 if you can get it near you its a no brainer IMO a single -10 feed should be good remember you want a colder plug and lower timing and lower AFR mine made max power at 10.8 and 16* 33psi bone stock long block 1004rwhp w a 4r70w 3650race weight best mph 159 stock gt4788 stock manifolds

Talk to 9secsnake he is making way more power and may be closer to your setup his 93 cobra has a 5.4 ported heads and turbo cams 3800lbs been low 8's at 170ish on a 275DR

The only real downsides I can think of some tracks say you need a 5layer fire suit and many classes say gas only guys are making good power with e85 Im just not sure how far we can take e85 with our head design my new setup has been 8.8 on e85 there is more left in her that was mid boost for my setup and 13.8* (plugs looked great she should like more) made ~800rwhp on that tune and ~70 more rwhp with e98 (more timing) have not raced her on that tune yet and we did not have time to turn the boost up and see what the 80 will make

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.