Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well Im goin to put a c4 on my 99gt 2valve

I have been calling around
prices very of course from place to place, and like any sales men they say their tranny's are the best

im not worried much on price, but also dont want to pay to much for a tranny that some one else could sell me for less that will work just as good

I called art carr and was told their comp c4 can handle 800+rwhp
and they have a sell on a kit that comes with a stall comverter, manual valve body,and trans brake for 1499
I asked them if they had a c4 that was rated to higher power and they said no, that their comp c4 is just as good as most people top of the line c4 which claim 1000 hp

any ways I wanted to now what people are useing. About how much they paid and are they happy with the results of the tranny quality wise.

Thanks for any info you guys can give me

·
Registered
176 Posts
$1499.00 - then ask them how much the kit with all the parts necessary to make it mount up and work on your car is. Performance Automatic said the whole package was over 3000 dollars.:jawdrop

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
b1nyc said:
$1499.00 - then ask them how much the kit with all the parts necessary to make it mount up and work on your car is. Performance Automatic said the whole package was over 3000 dollars.:jawdrop
it comes out to 2200 but keep in kind c4 does not have over drive

art carr does have a aod wich comes out to be around 3000 with all parts to do the conversion

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was talking about the performance automatic super comp C4.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
b1nyc said:
I was talking about the performance automatic super comp C4.
wow thats about 1000 bucks more

see thats what im talking about
art carr's c4 has the same parts as PA tranny so why pay more for a tranny that will do the same work

·
Registered
176 Posts
Honestly, who knows what they put in any of them unless you open it up when they ship it to you and inspect all the parts inside.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's cool if you can live without overdrive. I couldn't.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flo Bee said:
That's cool if you can live without overdrive. I couldn't.
yea i think i can do with out it

I dont drive my car on the freeway I usually trailer it and its just a hobbie car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts