Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Demented and old
5,289 Posts
very nice, i will be replacing my mac 1 5/8 headers with those-i 7/8 with a 3.5 collector correct?-do they make a h pipe to fit those, congrats on the new headers

· Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I am just going 3" all the way since it is a street car I just went 1-7/8" to 3". Pretty sure Kooks does make a 3.5" that does with their 1-7/8" x3.5". IF you drop your car off they will make you anything you want.

· Registered
247 Posts
I realize that if you didn't install them yet (how's the healing going?) you can't tell for sure, but is the new design supposed to, or do you think, they will not be as low when installed as the old design?

Mine are the 1 5/8" and they are the lowest part of the car. Looking at their design, and the room above them, I rekon if laid out/bent differently, they could be raised up some.

I will need a larger diameter set for the new build, and would like to stay with Kooks, but have been also looking at others to address this issue.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
Nice, I have the old. The slip fitting at the collector never would seal and always had leaks. Had it hacked off welded from the inside and the collector welded back on. Now I'm fighting an exhaust leak in 1 of the 2 front cylinders on the lt. bank.

· Registered
889 Posts
I have a brand new set of Kooks high flow catted x pipe for the bolt on(old style) for sale. NEVER used...P.M. me

· Registered
55 Posts
Nice, I have the old. The slip fitting at the collector never would seal and always had leaks. Had it hacked off welded from the inside and the collector welded back on. Now I'm fighting an exhaust leak in 1 of the 2 front cylinders on the lt. bank.
:( sadly i am going through this now. i have a leak and i'm 99.9% sure it's where you are describing... i know it sounds ghetto but i was contemplating popping that tube out and using high temp gasket sealer. it really takes away from the nice exhaust note in my car, it's driving me insane...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.