Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pre-purchased the Kenne Bell Twin Screw for myself.

:D :D :D

I wanna thank Haveight for calling me and giving me the heads-up. He bought one as well.

They come in satin or polished (I went for the polished), and single blade or double-blade inlet manifold (to accomidate stock or aftermarket throttle bodies).

I got the single.

MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT BABY!!!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats..Should be awesome project :D

I am not .:shocked

jim v. :shootbird :shootbird

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why didn't you purchase one for your car??? :D

Sorry - I couldn't resist!

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Cool!!!!!

I was thinkin of doing the same thing..............gonna have to wait though. Have a house being built (trusses just went up woohoo)............. but i suppose if I left off the roof.............nahhh I'll wait. Impatiently.........but I'll wait. Good luck with it. I'm jealous.

gary

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Guys, I have no answers! I don't know anything more about the KB than any of us do.

It'll be shipped to me on February 1st. I believe that cost is $4K for the whole kit. I don't mind paying the money and am not looking to cut any corners or get one for free, etc. That's not my bag, baby.

Kit includes the 2.2 Blowzilla polished, Flowzilla inlet manifold, flip chip, boost-a-pump, boost-a-coil, belt and pulley.

Like I said, they offer two flowzilla inlet manifolds: one for single-blade and one for stock double-blade throttle bodies. I opted for the single blade, as it will still bolt up to the double-blade (Haveight's suggestion) and allow me the possibility to upgrade when I want.

I intend on picking up the 14lb, 16lb and 18lb pulleys for the beast. I will drive around with the 14lb pulley and that should put me at around 500 rwhp.

My feeling is this: with all the exhaust, throttle bodies, headers, etc. that everyone is doing, they are spending as much if not more than the cost of this blower. I will not be attempting 600 rwhp with the blower. But it is MUCH more efficient than our Eaton and I can reach my target 500RWHP easily and without all these nickel and dime bolt ons.

With this blower, I can maintain 500 rwhp with one third cooler inlet temperature and much less parasitic HP loss. And if I want to put it back to stock, I just bolt the Eaton back on.
It's simply the most efficient way to go and worth every nickel to me.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Hammer,, That all makes sense,,However when you make sense,I start to worry.
The first time you go from your 13lb pulley to the 18lb pulley,You might as well throw the the other 2 pullies away.

Your talking to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Best of luck.

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Hammer,, That all makes sense,,However when you make sense,I start to worry.
The first time you go from your 13lb pulley to the 18lb pulley,You might as well throw the the other 2 pullies away.

Your talking to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Best of luck.

jim v.
JIM!!! MY KID'S SLEEPING!!!

That post made me laugh outloud. I'm in the computer room needing my medication.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jim,

IMAGINE 500 RWHP with no boost loss....
What kind of ET's are we talking about??
AAAAAH!!! I'm chomping at the bit.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
HAMMER said:
I will not be attempting 600 rwhp with the blower.
Can we quote you on this in Feb???? LOL!!! good luck on the quest for 6.......errrrrrrrr I mean 500.

gary

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
JT said:
Should be fun!

Have you figured out the rest of the plan?

Bar, no bar, where can you run that beast!!!

JT
YO!! What's up, bro?

I have been thinking about that stuff for MONTHS.

This is what I figure: It's not about the KB blower. It's about what I plan on doing with the car. If I intend on keeping it at about it's current power, I'm OK with no other concerns.

But, like many of us, I want more (Jimmy too...he just won't admit it.. "Oh...long tubes got me to 500 rwhp?? I didn't mean to do that!! Yeah, right, Jim! Like you said: remember who you are talking to!). I want to follow 03 Cobra evolution.
Anyway, many of us seem to be on the quest to more power, faster, quicker, etc. Well, as we achieve these goals, we will all run into the same inherent problems...drivetrain, safety, track regulations, etc. So whether you do it with a twin screw blower or an assortment of other parts, we will all have the same problems.

The KB just lets us cut a corner. Right over a BIG hurtle with one purchase! We achieve the power NOW and deal with the rest sooner than later, right?

JT, I can also do like you and Lucas and STAND UP on the brakes at the 900ft area in order to avoid a low 11-second pass.

But Nitrous Pete's cage inspired me. It is ready for 10's and is EXTREMELY well made - out of the way, good looking and non-obstructive for driver and passenger (I know, been in his car).

So, if I must do a cage, I'll look into it....we ALL must do so if we keep going, right? I'm thinking a chromolly cage for light weight and custom made so that it hugs the seat line, hugs the roof up top and across the seats and fits like it grew there. After all, we have $40,000 cars...the cage must not be mail-order K-Mart!

As far as drivetrain, that is a problem that I don't like to think about right now. I WANT MY IRS!! But, I believe that many will go the new blower route and a rising demand for stronger parts will be met with new releases and stronger stuff. At least, I hope so.

The bottom line is this: we have a car with an AMAZINGLY STRONG engine - low compression and ready to go big boost.

Despite what everyone thinks, I will be taking it very slow with that blower. Just imagine 500 RWHP without all the BS and concerns! From there, we take it step by step, am I right?

If getting flagged from the track for being too fast is my biggest problem then I'm doing good and well ahead of the game. And if other guys can run low 11's all day without being flagged (cough! cough!) than maybe we can squeak in some fun this summer.

JT, you'll have to teach me that 'stand on the brakes' maneuver. "And Hammer runs an 11.20 @ 37 MPH!"

Besides, someone needs to straighten out those Z06 guys at Atco.

But, sadly, we won't know the true potential of the twin screw until JT gets one.

;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts