Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everybody I have Kooks LT and have the PHP h-pipe. I orginally bought this right after I purchased the KR axleback. I really did not like the KR's so I traded for the FRPP SVT1 Which I like but are way too quiet. I have coming on Tuesday the Bassani Race axleback. Reason? I want something louder than the SVT1 and not as loud as the 5GT. I am now asking everyone's opinion. Should I install the H-pipe (which is 2.5 and will be needed to be welded in to the 3" pipe) or stay with the xpipe which I think is raspy at times and too high pitched. Or what do you think the H-pipe would sound with the SGT or 5GT? I cannot seem to find the right combo for the gt500 that I have fell in love with. All opinions are welcome

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
It should not be too difficult to for an exhaust shop to make a 3" H-pipe. I would be leery of welding a a smaller pipe to the headers, you don't want turbulence that close to the collectors.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have been getting compliments on my setup ever since I installed it. I have Kook's long tubes, off road x-pipe 3" with 3" full piping by JBA to JBA axle backs, specifically designed by Jay for the KR/Super Snake, they are a glass packed axle back muffler system that has a true muscle car sound instead of that raspy crap I had when running the LT's, off road x-pipe, and the 2.5 piping and Flowmaster chambered mufflers.
Derek

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your comments guys, I have the Hpipe for sale. So I guess its mode point, To add to the above comment I installed a bassani race axleback yesterday and I have to say it sounds pretty damn good, It has a low rumble (not High pitched) It sounds nasty at WOT and no drone at 65 which is good, I will post a vid when I get chance,

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the Kooks headers and H pipe with stock mufflers; it is quiet while driving at part throttle, but when I get into the throttle, whoowee, it wakes up real nice! Perfect combo in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
thanks for your comments guys, I have the Hpipe for sale. So I guess its mode point, To add to the above comment I installed a bassani race axleback yesterday and I have to say it sounds pretty damn good, It has a low rumble (not High pitched) It sounds nasty at WOT and no drone at 65 which is good, I will post a vid when I get chance,
How loud compared to your kooks/kr setup??

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have bassani long tubes, and 3 inch race exhaust with catted x pipe. Love the sound. different than most systems. Has a sort of 8 cylinder rice rocket sound. However, I must say that i hate the slip fit connectors that bassani uses. Each runner slips into the collector. 8 separate exhaust leaks.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts