Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw CDC's Mach1 with the 03 cobra motor in it at the Mod Shootout and I was surprised to see that the Mach shaker hood and scoop would fit over our eaton. I love that hood and I was thinking about swapping one on to my '03 vert. I spoke with CDC and the parts are pretty reasonable and the install looks pretty straight forward. What do you think??

Kevin :)

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Unless Im mistaken, the hood and front end on the cobra's are unique, if you switch the hood you will have to switch the front end as well.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
There will be a small gap at the fornt of the hood. The CDC car never had it's hood closed, so you couldn't tell. The pics of the Lizstick Saleen over on SVTperformance shows the gap. They put a standard Saleen hood on a 03 front end. Or vice versa, a Sallen front end and kept the 03 hood, Can't remember which.

For looks it's OK, but the performance isn't there IMO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Mach hood will fit with the 03 facia. The 2 "posts" on both sides of the grill need to be leaned back a little and have their mounting holes redrilled according to CDC. And yeah, I'm only going after the look of the shaker not any performance improvements. The CDC car at the shootout had a Mach 1 front facia on it and the hood will obviously close just fine.

Kevin

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't personally like the idea, but that's just my opinion. I think the Shaker looks cool, yes....but on a Cobra, no. What's wrong with the Cobra hood to begin with? And I think the Mach1 is overpriced too, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms....LOL.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think the shaker hood is retro cool but looks much better on a flatter hood vs. the steeply sloped '03 Mach hood.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you should leave the Hood alone...if you want a change dont go so drastic and try the 00R hood...

As far as the Mach 1 being overpriced? its only 28k...thats what the LS1's and Pre 03 Cobras went for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts