Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with my porter.We managed to get 247/225 out of a set of P.I heads.We should see 250-255/230 tomorrow.
Im freakin excited....This is a street head.This should do wonders for the N/A guys..Add a blower and ummmmm>:)

Tim

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Very nice. Who does the porting? SD claimed my heads flowed 239 intake @ .550 lift knowing him, he is probably BSing

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A local shop does them for me..Dont know man,he might have gotten that.I can turn these in 2 weeks max...That he cant say...:)

Tim

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I should have had them flow tested when they were off of the car. But i was being a cheap a$$. 2 weeks, dam, pretty good :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
not saying that isn't great, but for N/A are you positive the flow velocity is still going to be good enough?

Compared to stock you've gained an easy 70+ cfm on both the intake and exhaust. I didn't think there was that much material that could be removed on PI heads.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think for a power adder cars those would be perfect. For NA I'm not sure, I could have sworn hearing that high flow numbers doesn't always make the most power in a NA car. I know it's a different motor but my 5.0 I got a set of stock heads and had a slightly larger valve put in, removed the egr notch in the heads and did a very basic port job and polish. The car picked up 40RWHP by doing this and I was told it was sucessful by keeping up flow velocity and eliminating the slight restrictions that were there from the factory.

Peronsally I think the numbers you're getting are great. Any chance that you are planning on testing a set of these heads in an NA car any time soon for some real world numbers?

Bill

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Matt,
You would be suprised at what yo ucan do to these heads.I have had a set of heads flowing higher then that for 2 years now.Thats how I was able to make 619rwhp with a little strim,no intercooler and shorty headers.

He kept good velosity with the heads.Guess we will see.
I know the Heads on my pesonal car are on a SCCA 2valve running in n/A form.My heads flow alot more then the above numbers.

Bill,not yet.Hopefuly I get a car to try them on shortly.If not,I'll engine dyno a set to see what they do.

tim

·
Registered
138 Posts
I will volunteer my car for the gineau pig if I can keep the heads afterwards..LOL very impresive #'s my first thought was a chunk of aluminum with ports almost touching from port to port...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts