Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post in this forum. I'm swapping in an '03 Cobra motor into my '02 GT. I'm working with a person at the dealership near me for all the associated crap I need. He's been able to get p/n's for everything so far except for the I/C pump, and the mounting bracket if there is one. We've seen the pump in drawings but there's no number associated with it. If anyone could provide the number or refer me to someone who would know, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The base part number for the pump is an 8501. Tell the dealership of the base number and he should be able to pull up the prefix and the suffix of the part number for you.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
lguerra1 said:
The base part number for the pump is an 8501. Tell the dealership of the base number and he should be able to pull up the prefix and the suffix of the part number for you.
Isn't an 8501 a water pump basic number.........

Goose:
If you can read the engineering number off the pump itself any dealership can cross reference it for you.

--Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was attempting to crawl under a Cobra last night at the dealership to see if I could see the pump when a salesman came out of nowhere and started giving me his pitch. He wouldn't leave me alone so I decided I'd rather leave right then than have to talk to the guy any longer. A real pathetic dude. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out today.
JD

·
Registered
295 Posts
Goose,

Let me know what you find. I'm doing a similiar swap into a 91' notchback. The only parts I have not acquired are concerning the intercooler/heat exchanger system. Were you able to get the 'hardlines' for the chassis? I was planning to run braided lines instead of the stock rubber to connect the hardlines. Also, are you planning to use the stock heat exchanger or set-up to an aftermarket? Let me know, & I would be interested in the other part numbers you have acquired for the swap. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
soap said:
Isn't an 8501 a water pump basic number.........

Goose:
If you can read the engineering number off the pump itself any dealership can cross reference it for you.

--Joe
That is correct, the intercooler pump is considered a water pump in the Ford books. Youcan look at the manual and it shows the base number, referring to the intercooler pump, and it is 8501.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
lguerra1 said:
That is correct, the intercooler pump is considered a water pump in the Ford books. Youcan look at the manual and it shows the base number, referring to the intercooler pump, and it is 8501.
Good deal..........didn't know that :D

--Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everett said:
Goose,

Let me know what you find. I'm doing a similiar swap into a 91' notchback. The only parts I have not acquired are concerning the intercooler/heat exchanger system. Were you able to get the 'hardlines' for the chassis? I was planning to run braided lines instead of the stock rubber to connect the hardlines. Also, are you planning to use the stock heat exchanger or set-up to an aftermarket? Let me know, & I would be interested in the other part numbers you have acquired for the swap. Thanks
Everett,
I'll be glad to send you the p/n's once I have them all. I'm hoping to do this using all factory parts. I really like the factory look...I'm wierd that way. I will be ordering the hardlines along with all the other parts from the I/C radiator up to the hardlines already on the engine. There's so much to buy; the computer, harness, cables, etc. The thing that bugs me the most with this is that I won't be able to use my stock hood. Not that the Cobra hood isn't good looking. I just wanted to keep the GT look. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks to everyone else too for the info. I haven't heard back yet from my friend at the dealership but I'm sure he'll find the number now :D .
Goose

·
Registered
295 Posts
Goose,

I agree with you, I'm going to get the car running with the stock style components, and then with all bugs worked out, I'll consider modifying. OK, look forward to the part number list you are compiling. Here's my e-mail address [email protected]. My ford dealer was not enthusiastic about looking up all the components. As for hoods, I may need to goto a 2/5" cowl for clearance. Definitely larger than I wanted, but in the end it's worth it! Good Luck!

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts