Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heads and Cam work. PLEASE HELP!

Before I spend the $ to have my stock heads ported and polished, can anyone give me an idea as to what kind of increase I might see in H.P? Currently my best Dyno run boasted 252 RWHP. What's the possibilities here? Should I do cam's at the same time? Which cam would you recommend?

·
Registered
8 Posts
10-20 hp from the port job, expect the least from it don't get your hopes up. I have Crane regrinds without any problems for close to a year. Most people don't like 'em, I do. If you're going to get cams I'd get some better springs also. I have Modmax, and once again most people don't like those either, but I've had them close to a year without any problems either. If you do both cams and porting I'd say between 30-40 hp. If you have the heads off, you might as well do the cams, it saves you some heartache for sure, well it saved me some anyway. I'd say with your combo you'll see close to 280-290rwhp. Good luck, R..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here are some details that I *CAN* tell you and stand by because this will be fairly long:

Here are the specs:

98 SOHC engine, 98 stock cams, 98 stock intake, Vortech "S" trim running 3.60 pulley (7-8 psi), 30# injectors, Stock fuel pump, T-Rex inline fuel pump, Pro-M 80 MAF, 75mm TB, SVO shorty headers, mac "H" pipe with cats, Borla catback = 298rwhp/332rwtq.

Same 98 SOHC engine with 99 ported/polished heads, stock 99 cams, stock 99 intake, Vortech "S" trim with same pulley 3.60, 42# injectors, Pro-M 80MAF, 75mm TB, ............... all the rest the same as above = 377rwhp/375rwtq.

Hope that helps.

-Tim

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG! Tell me what you guys think of this. $6,000 for P & P, custom cam, custom tune after re-install. Includes labor and all gaskets I guess. He said it would get close to 100 RWHP. Granted thats a HUGE increase, but is it worth that much $?

·
Registered
101 Posts
you'll get no where near that without a blower. $6000 is almost 2x more hten it should cost.

$800-$1000 labor on the installation

$800 port work
$800 cams and springs tops
$750 chip and tune tops

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
$800 for port work wont get you much of a head.You need oversized valves and avalve job to make it worth even doing.

$6000 is wayyyyyyy to much.
stanggt email me.I'll help you out .

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts