Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my engine will be swapped out next week, and I'm thinking about adding headers and kmember.

I'll only talk about Headers here. Has anyone tried or know of Pacesetters reputation?

I'm actually going 4v, and ended up needing to buying much more then I had planned. I know I want headers for sure, but I'm trying not to spend soo much, but at the same time I want a quality product. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Anyone ever try that header "wrap"? Is it worth it?

At this point, Mac is my second choice. Please don't bring up Kooks as it's far from my budget, unless your selling yours at a heavy discount.

Thanks all!

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Nobody has tried or know someone that has owned a set of Pacesetter Headers?

· Registered
14 Posts
I can't speak of the pacesetters, I have hooker super comps and I am pleased with the performance gain. The 4V's like headers, so getting some is a step in the right direction. I would not use the header wrap, it shortens the life of the headers and usually causes leaks via rust.

· Registered
427 Posts
The pacesetter headers are mild steel coated with an "armor". Scratch the coating, and it will rust.....then the coating will peel....and rust more....and peel more. I think you get the idea. Performance wise, I havent heard anything bad about them, but at the same time....I havent heard people raving about them.

The wrap is so so. It works well, but if it gets wet....rain, washing, or whatever, then that water is held against the header. That can lead to more rust. It will reduce your underhood temps pretty well.

I am very partial to stainless exhaust parts. The stainless wont rust. If you want to use the wrap, it would be much better on stainless. Take a look at Pypes. Probably the cheapest 304 stainless headers on the market.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

I'll check out PYPES and hope I can get a good deal somewhere.
The pacesetter headers are mild steel coated with an "armor". Scratch the coating, and it will rust.....then the coating will peel....and rust more....and peel more. I think you get the idea. Performance wise, I havent heard anything bad about them, but at the same time....I havent heard people raving about them.

The wrap is so so. It works well, but if it gets wet....rain, washing, or whatever, then that water is held against the header. That can lead to more rust. It will reduce your underhood temps pretty well.

I am very partial to stainless exhaust parts. The stainless wont rust. If you want to use the wrap, it would be much better on stainless. Take a look at Pypes. Probably the cheapest 304 stainless headers on the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.