Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Doug.
I put my new Blue T/B on over the weekend. I am noticing that the idle hangs at 1200rpm when under light duty around town and coming to a stop. If I bip it, she drops down. I followed the preceedures, and even had them double checked by a professional tuner. Help!!

·
400 Posts
Hi Frank, the tps was set at .98 correct? Might want to double check it to make sure. does the plate look closed? Disconnect the linkage and see if it still does it. Let me know.

Rick

·
Registered
246 Posts
The same thing happened to me after the install,i set it at .98 volts and car still idled high so i tried various ranges from .96 up to 1.0 and still could not find a spot where it idled properly.I finnally decided that the computer needed to learn this new setup so what i did was start the car and let it IDLE for 20-30 minutes in the garage than shut it off and restarted the car and now my idle is just fine!:) Good luck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody... ;)
I have double checked the settings. You know, I did so many things between Saturday and Monday, perhaps the Computer still needs a chance to figure it all out. I will try the idle trick... with window open... :D

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
unhook the batt for awhile to let the current drain all the way. or you can unhook it and hit the brakes until the lights go off (couple seconds) then you ca start fresh

gary

G

·
If you look...you will see the idle screw probably isnt touching the throttle stop. And when you turn the car off it will be hitting it and free as can be.

Harry

·
Registered
143 Posts
Harry, That's exactly what mine is doing--hangs steady at about 1000 rpm. If I stab the pedal a couple of times, it comes down to 750 rpm. What do you think--maybe finicky iac ????? Help, Rob

G

·
damn POS tb's..... grrrrr

It may boil down to an extra return spring.... but I hope thats not it.... we're worken on it.

G

·
Its all figured out gang!!! So you can relax Doug...its not your TB...that is the shit man!

A certain person...we all know who..will remain alias right now...not to hard to figure out...
Anyway,
He just set me up with another Diablochip that took care of the high idle problem.....you have to have whatever tuner you are using turn down the "idle/air" in the chip....cause it worked!!! No return spring needed!!!! Your welcome Doug :)

I was just out scaring all the so called fast cars back to their garages! Damn is this thing unGodly FAST!!!!!! Whats that green button for?....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
LOL...just joking, I didnt hit the buttom tonight.....way toooo fast as is man...yaaaahooooooooooooooo!

I love my 2003 Ford Cobra Mustang...thankyou Ford!
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

EDIT...also....it might have something to do with the 2.80 or smaller ...maybe even the 3.00's, spinning the blower faster at idle. Just something to think about.....so the "idle/air" adjustment needs to be adjusted...I am not saying this happens on all of the cars...but some maybe.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Since I don't have a BilletFlow(yet), these suggestions are kinda a shot in the dark. But, ignorance has never stopped me before.:)
Does the TB close properly when it is not bolted to the plenum? If it does, then the hanging problem has something to do with being attached to the plenum. Is the gasket thicker than the Ford gasket? If so, maybe the gasket is compressing more at the bolt hole locations and causing the base flange to flex slightly. This might put a bind on the throttle shaft. Another possibility, do you tighten the bolts a little at a time & alternate to different bolts(maybe use an X pattern)? If you tighten one side too much and then go to the other side, you can put the base plate in a bind. And lastly, make sure that it is in fact the TB that is causing the elevated idle speed and not the IAC. It's easy to check, just start the car & then disconnect the IAC electrical connector. If the idle slows down, then the problem probably is with the IAC/ECU circuit. However, don't rev the engine with the IAC disconnected, you might set an SES light. No biggie if you have the means to reset it.

G

·
No hang up on the TB Butterfly......

did you read my post :)

Maybe you just didnt see it first before you posted....LOL....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok Harry, thanks, I just got in from the Garage. I tried the idle for 20min trick, nothing. I checked the TPS, it's correct .98 I called Pauls HighPro. cause they have a neat little bracket and return spring that goes with there T/B kit. But they want me to buy there T/B to get the bracket :vomit: Bracket not sold separetly...

I guess I'll call Rick...

G

·
Hey buddy.....I am sure after Rick sets up the chip..you will be fine..in the interum....if you want to try the , return spring mod...just buy one of those double throttle return springs....drill a hole in the middle of the throttle cable bracket by the blower(black).....just a small hole big enough for the 2 springs....then just hook it through there and to the throttle return hole that is on the thottle arm...My Billetflow has a little eye hole that is setup for that.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the problem with the idle starting at 750 and then jumping to 1500 or higher once I touch the throttle. The TPS is correct, the computer has been corrected, and I have Rick's chip.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts

·
400 Posts
Just got off the phone with diablosport and they said they have not changed any Idle air perameters for anybody or in any 03 programs. They also said the present programs have nothing to do with the idle hanging. I had the same problem before and changed the IAC and the problem stopped. I spoke to both guys that do our programs and they said the said thing. Any information on this would be helpful so we can help with this problem. Keep me informed.

Rick

1 - 20 of 49 Posts